I feel guilty after eating anything?

I've been struggling with self image recently. And there's no reason to, because im on the skinnier side but I see someone completely different. I am trying to limit my food intake and stick to mainly yogurt and water and thats it. My family thinks im crazy for doing so but its what i want for myself, because i want control over something for once. Portion size matters the most to me now? So does anyone else ever feel guilty to a point where they switch up their meals? please dont be rude, im only trying to see other opinions based on my story here

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I have this problem whenever I am sad I don't eat anything.

And if I get stressed my asthma kicks in which makes me vomit if I had a meal. I hate this. :-/ I don't actually know how to stop it. Usually a desert helps.

I don't know if this is self image issues. But I do get upset if I eat a lot. But I also worry I eat too little. ._.

*hugs* and yoghurt and water sounds so bland.

Why not try something nicer like jacket potato?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• So you're smart enough and still present enough to notice your thoughts are different than reality. This is good. It means you're not crazy.

However, please listen. I've gone to multiple nutritionists, doctors, and trainers for this. I've learned that mostly you should limit carbs, and a healthy amount off at is necessary. Drink full sugar drinks and food, not diet. It's generally replaced with additives that spike your insulin, and cause your metabolism to slow down, gaining you weight.

Also, yogurt alone isn't a great diet. Try a little full fat yogurt, with some healthy granola. That's what I eat for breakfast actually it's become such a love of mine. I'm still losing weight and actually liking what I eat.

It just takes exercise and moving your body. You need to get a balanced diet of different things, eating just a few things never works, trust me. Try 80/20. 80% of the time in your week you eat well, and not too much. Just eat when you're hungry. 20% of the time you eat and splurge, have a burger, some fries, etc. It keeps you happy, therefore keeping you in the right state of mind to continue the 80%. It also keeps your metabolism from slowing down, because it has to work harder on the fatty and "bad for you" foods.

More-over, don't feel guilty for eating, just eat smart, and be happy with yourself. Be the best you that you can be.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, for the insight on that. Lately I do feel like I'm crazy. When I eat I always recognize voices that just tell me to stop, and that there are consequences if I don't stop. I never eat fried food, and the only sugar I really eat is dark chocolate chips (cos theyre my fav :) ). I struggled with dieting and eating back in 7th grade, and I couldn't fit into a stores extra small. Lately I feel like I want to go back to that. Since then, obviously, I've curved out naturally but I am still pretty thin. Again thank you for your response, Im trying here, for myself of course

• There's no need to fit into an extra small. Just fitting the small or medium should be fine!

You're a growing teenager. You're gonna grow out of sizes. It doesn't mean you're fat. If you want a more accurate rating go get a BMI number from your doctor.

Hey if you're thin, then relax. You'll be fine. Eat normally, 80/20. Exercise, walk, etc., you'll be totally fine.

• Okay if im taking what you want to do right you want to improve your image although you are already skinny so im guessing you want to ether become more muscular or look healthier so getting a better diet that incorporates all food groups in healthy amounts without much sugar is good and if you are looking to become more muscular cardio and body weight exercises should help

Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • you need fibre or all the fat in that yogurt will build up... not making you fat but blocking up your veins. just research eating clean and you will be fine

0|0
    0|0
    • well i usually put granola in it if that even helps... i just dont trust other foods :(

• you need greens... grow your own if you dont trust store bought

• You need to eat properly or you will destroy your metabolism and get fat

0|0
    0|0
    • how will i get fat?

• because you will destroy your metabolism so when you start eating properly again your body won't he able to process foods as well as it could resulting in you gaining weight.

• Yep. All the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • u shouldn't lose weight if you're skinny

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• We have to eat to survive for one and while portion control is good you have to have more food to be able to portion. You need more nutrients than that for your bodys sake.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes