Why am I feeling sick after drinking alcohol?

I just went out with my friends for a drink. I didn't have a lot, but I am feeling very dizzy and my head is hurting.

!! This is not my first time.

Updates:
I am still feeling sick, I am calling my doctor now.
It was something like a heatstroke, I am still not feeling good. Thanks everybody for your answers.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• have you ever felt like this before with the same amount of alcohol

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope never

• Show All
    • If it happens again, I will. Thank you very much

• Check it out this time or it be more damaging next time

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Some beverages just always give me headaches, I can have 3 glasses of good whiskey or 2 bottles of good wine with absolutely no effect whatsoever. Or sometimes when I have 1 glass of bad wine or just a sip of bad whiskey, I have a serious hangover

1|0
    0|0
  • Either you did not eat before drinking, or your drink was spiked.

1|0
    0|0
    • I did eat befote drinking, nobody could have spiked my drink. We were on a terrace

• Probably you had not enough water. If it was hot day, dehydration problems could be there.

• That could be the thing, thanks!

• Why does alcohol make me drunk? LUL It's fairly normal but make sure it's not something else just incase.

1|0
    0|0
    • I was not drunk, that is not what I am asking

• Show All
    • I don't have a hangovwr either now

• Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not a drinking problem if you still feel bad.

• Either you have a low tolerance or you have been drugged I would go to police to check just in case or doctors.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am not drugged I was on the terrace

• Show All
    • Lol you were saying "he". I am just saying that it is a she.

• I know and I'm saying same thing applies.

• you could be allergic to something in alcohol ( yeast or something ). I've heard of some people who are.

1|0
    0|0
    • Could be, thanks

• Actually, now I see you had beer I'd be stunned if you are not allergic to beer- or like I said yeast in it or whatever.
      Check it out with your doc so you don't end up in that sucky situation again.

• a lot of reasons could cause this. What you drink, if you drink often, being dehydrated or not eating before, overall health...

1|0
    0|0
    • I had a beer, I don't drink that often. I could be dehydrated, it was really hot today.

• Certain beers will cause bad headaches for people whether or not your are hydrated. Not really sure why, could be some kind of allergic reaction? Same goes for wine. Is more likely to happen if you don't drink a lot since your body would be more sensitive to those things and react harsher.

• Thank you very much, I don't drink that much so I just tried one I never heard of

• Welcome to my world lol. Your not supposed to drink it in the first place it's a poison not a health drink. You know the old saying, avoid hangovers, stay drunk. Seriously though there's some drinks I feel great on and others make me I'll straight away. There's a bottle called aftershock and when I was at partying age someone always pulled a bottle out and I've never managed to keep one down. Used to love lager but it makes me feel lethargic and bloated now. Just gotta find your drink. Me personally I love whisky and some craft beers, hate all those alcopops and drinks kidding on they're juice and harmless, they're vile

1|0
    0|0
  • Possibly someone slipped something in it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nope, we were on a terrace so it is not possible

• Show All
    • "something like heatstroke"
      So you were sick and not perfectly healthy.

• Hahahahhaha yeah actually I am. It just felt like I am slowly dying

• You're gonna die

1|0
    0|0
  • You are drinking too much

1|0
    0|0
  • I must have been mixed drink

1|0
    0|0
  • You're a rookie son

0|1
    0|0
  • because that is what alcohol does

0|0
    0|0
  • What exactly did you drink?
    You could be allergic or react badly to specific types of drinks or ingredients.
    I only drink Spirits for instance, the clearer the better.
    A WHOLE bottle of vodka, no headaches, no hangover, i even wake up earlier than usual, good to go.
    A bottle/glass of cidre/beer/lager, I throw up and run hot (temperature).
    A glass of wine, banging headache for the rest of the day/night.

1|0
    0|0
    • I had a beer, I never felt like this before

• I see, I see.
      I think there's a high chance you have developed an (adult -onset) allergy to beer in general or an ingredient in the specific one you had. Those are "the worst" as they make you question everything you thought you knew about yourself, but if that's the case, you just have to adapt.

Assuming your levels of hydration, food, (maybe medication) etc. were as usual when you had this reaction.

• drink a glass of water before going to bed and another one in the morning. it will restore fluids to the brain which will prevent a hang over. a hangover happens because the body takes fluids from the brain due to the alcohol in the body. drinking water restores the fluids. also you won't lose brain cells that way lmao.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your drink probably got druged

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes