What kind of meat is in ground beef?

I'm trying to see the recipe for sloppy Joes, I've never seen it in my country and it says it needs ground beef, what kind of meat is in it? Pork and veal? What kind of meat is in ground beef??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Man, you guys are judgmental! I think it was pretty clear from the question that asker did know that "beef" is a term for "meat from cow". Anyway, I hope you like the sloppy joes. I get excited when people try recipes from other cultures and cuisines!

1|0
    0|0
    • Ahah yeah people have been having fun feeling superior here thank you for understanding.. I do realize now how stupid it sounds for y'all tho, like someone asking if ketchup has cucumber or bananas in it.
      I watch so many television that I keep hearing about a bunch of stuff you can't find in my country, and they just look so Damm tasty I decided to start trying them.. Mac and cheese did not go well.. Let's try this now 😊

• I'm not going to theorize what you'll think of this dish, but I do hope you post an update on your opinion when you do try it!

• So, did you make it? What did you think? I have an idea of how you felt about it given your post, but I wanted to hear what you thought first.

Most Helpful Girl

• Beef but ground up (minced). The clue is in the name.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't know what beef was xD not native speaker though it was just another word for meat

• Ahh ok, no worries then and my apologies.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• What kind of meat is in ground beef?
    meat in ground beef
    ground beef
    beef
    BEEF
    www.reddit.com/.../

1|1
    0|0
  • Beef is cow , ground beef is beef only its put through the meat grinder.
    Same goes for pork or veal, chicken , etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol
    You said it's called 'ground beef'

Ehhhh it's beef? Lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't know what beef was, not native speaker thought it was just another word for meat

• Ground beef? Beef thats nailed to the ground ofcourse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beef is cow. Ground beef is ground up hamburger.

2|1
    0|0
  • Beef is cow meat.

2|1
    0|0
  • ground beef is beef which is cow only cow

2|1
    0|0
  • Its a cow without legs

0|0
    0|0
  • beef, cow

0|0
    0|0
  • Beef. Cow.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pork

0|0
    2|0
  • Beef, cow

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Actually you don't have to use ground beef (cow), you can use ground turkey, chicken, or pork, too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cow.

0|0
    0|0
  • beef. cow

0|0
    0|0
  • Beef...

0|0
    0|1
  • its beef

0|0
    0|0
  • Ground beef is cow...

0|0
    0|0
    • Only cow meat? I understand this might sound like a stupid question but English is not my native language and I really only knew that ground beef was meat

• Show All
    • People are douchebags 😩
      it probably would make a good snack between lunch and dinner but it's most definitely, in my opinion not a full meal lmfao

• Girl download Pinterest if you haven't already! There's a ton of recipes you can try❤️

• It's BEEF. That's from a cow.

0|0
    0|0
  • LMAO. It has beef in the name...

0|0
    0|0
    • Since I'm Portuguese and didn't know what beef was I had to ask

• beef

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes