Why are Vegetarians / Vegans and Carnivores on each other's neck all the time?

I've always witnessed debates between Vegetarians and Meatatarians (LOL) ...
Why can't you all just let each other go, if he or she want's to be Vegan / Vegetarian, LET THEM BE, it's their choice, they are not harming YOU, but on the other hand also Carnivores should be left alone by the Vegan / Vegetarian attackers as well...

I think we all have a reason to WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO...

I really want to understand why they have to constantly fight each other.

P. s. I witnessed that the attackers are mostly Vegan / Vegetarians.. ( no hate please) but they are the first ones to jump and say " You are a murderer" ...

P. s.2. I am a Carnivore (mmm Steak)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• some fight for religious purpose and some do it because they feel that we are above animals as they are not powerful and therefore they should protect them. well I believe I am a human and I need protein and the best organic and cheapest source is non veg. my some friends are vegetarian too and they don't interfere with me while some does.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly, it's your stomach your life your choice, why would somebody interfere.
      I have a friend who is forced to become Vegan just because his girlfriend is Vegan, but he likes meat, and he doesn't want to stop eating meat, and now she is threatening him with a break up... this is TOO MUCH, and he is suffering now..

• leave the girlfriend. my best friend always say that he has been in love with meat since his childhood and therefore no other love can be compared to it. your friend should leave her. she (if loves him) should accept him how he is not how she wants him to be.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I guess cause some Vegans get into self righteous mode, and attack meat eaters ( like you said) for being murderers.. And sometimes may even paint themselves as better.. I've met nice vegetarians though.. Lol.. And sometimes meat eater make fun of vegetarians..

1|0
    0|0
  • Because veganism is actually not just what you eat but a series of ethical protocols that have a distinct purpose. Those who "oppose" veganism are actually in a dilemma:

Vegan ethics are correct. Now by correct I don't mean "opinionated correctness", but they're factually true. For instance the amount of wasted meat is astronomical from farmed animals killed which makes it senseless to farm so much, farming so much to begin with destroys the environment and is almost impossible to do "responsibly" with livestock, and major components of human health are tied to obsession and overconsumption of red meat.

In short it's bad for the water, the community and the planet.

This ignores things such as the fact that it causes undue suffering and is incredibly inefficient to produce through space and treatment and is almost always dishonest and gimmicky ("free range" for animals = "organic" for produce) in its presentation to the public.

Of course Tradition is going to kick in and "carnivores" (good luck not dying on that diet) whom are really just omnivores that want to be edgy are going to start trying to defend they're choices... With no platform. There's no ethical standards that actually suggest eating tons of meat and overfishing or overfarming is a good idea. Because it's not.

So the intensity comes from two places:

1. The vegans agree factually correct.

2. There's no platform for the other side so they resort to tantrums.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a murderer tho. if I eat meat in helping kill animals. I just recognize that animals are fucked up. like holy shit they will kill another male for the right to rape/mate with another female. they are so fucked up when you learn about them your give no Fucks about their death. I'd love to get along I don't know how they would feel about my honesty

1|0
    0|0
  • I tho it was just for fun but nothing serious. Mankind loves conflicts

1|0
    0|0
  • I've asked friends who are vegan why they choose to be just out of curiosity but I've never put any one down for being vegan I just think good more meat for me. I've been verbally attacked a few times by vegans though and I don't get it

2|0
    0|0
  • Haha I'm a little late to answer... I'm a steak lover as well :D
    How are the Venetian steaks, should I expect yummy stuff next week?
    Why are they fighting... maybe since if he or she is vegetarian your choice of restautants decreases. Many of them do not offer vegan menus :-(
    So if you'd want that yummy steak you could have to take the neighbour along and send your guy to that one restaurant in town which can help him :-( :o

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally see them as fucking hypocrites, well, at least when talking about the ones who see them as morally superior, if they're so morally superior and see others as fuckint murderers, why don't they just go and distance themselves from the non-vegans they hate so much? This doesn't really aply to people who's vegan or vegetarian for different reasons, no issue with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegan and I don't attack anybody. It's the non-vegans that attack me.

1|0
    0|0
    • that's rare. must be bc you're a dude. but you should probably differentiate between joking about you being began and actually verbally attacking you

• Show All
    • That's what everyone says, the non vegans say THEY ATTACK ME, the vans say NO THEY ATTACK ME...
      i will never come to an understanding i guess

• Uhm... what I'm saying is true whether you want to believe it or not. Being called a grass eater and names like that isn't cool even though it doesn't offend me.

• Because vegans assume moral authority over meat eaters and will argue based on this presumed authority. What am I to say to that?
    I never claim to be morally superior to them. All I am is just hungry for meat and that's about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a meat eater and a chicken eater and a turkey eater and a tuna fish eater and I'll eat my food in front of them anytime of the week. Besides I've seen two vegans recently one on this site 5 min she had
    just made a question and one on Facebook and they're both heavy and opinionated and the one on Facebook is real mean

0|0
    0|0
  • don't get me wrong I love animals, I just love to eat them more. fun to pet, better to chew. "do you know what they do to those chickens?" No, but it's delicious...

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, lots of meat eaters usually trash-talk against vegetarians, and we are just defending our views.
    As for the vegans, most of them are extreme, and tend to attack everybody, even us, nothing unusual for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Plants are grow, reproduce, react to sound and voice just as an animal can and I don't see carnivores attacking vegans back as hypocrites. Plus, plants convert Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen through Photosynthesis so vegans are killing our life support system in essence.

0|0
    0|0
    • so true (see my answer) and yet they actually think veganism is better for the environment *sigh*

• usually vegans are the aggressors. your right. but it's because they deem animal life just as (or more) important than humans. so to them it's murder to kill an animal no matter the circumstance.

they also say vegan is better for the environment, which is not true. plants clean the environment while animals emit A LOT of co2... they 'kill' and eat the things that clean the air. o. O
    also produce farming has been strong the soil of nutrients for decades. now plant food is literally LESS good for you than before. (and worsening).

anyway the vegans who are aggressors feel their beliefs violated simply by others eating meat. Google "if meat eaters acted like vegetarians" it sheds light on the in the most hilarious way possible :)

0|0
    0|0
  • same reason church people try selling you god if you r atheist, and the other way around too... they all think they are right... the truth is no one really knows anything , they just think they do

0|0
    0|0
  • My biggest problem with vegetarians/ vegans is that they are only hurting them selves because it's not healthy to only have fruits, vegetables, and grains.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz they don't get they don't at least eat turkey or fish

1|0
    0|0
  • they have the strength to argue that's why
    when they are hungry and tired they won't argue and
    I love meat

0|0
    0|0
  • because both are retards and they dont have anything important to do with their life. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you mean omnivores? (Carnivores eat nothing but meat.)

0|1
    0|0
  • Crackpots the lot of them. You have to be a hetretroph to stay healthy. Herbivores can break down autotrophs with a special enzyme in their digestive tracks which humans don't have. Only they can utilise the minerals and store them in their fat and muscles, we get them by killing the animal and eating the meat to get the special compounds and nutrients. Even if we are grass and leaves they would just pass through our systems intact and be expelled. Vegans don't like to face facts but there are food chains everywhere and it involves slaughter. There's always millions more at the bottom of the food chain than at the top. The apex predators number the fewest and that's the likes of tigers, polar bears, sharks. We're the only exception because we have no natural predators.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are oversensitive. I am also carnivore :)

0|0
    0|0
  • That's hilarious I mean yeah u r right๐Ÿคฃ

1|0
    0|0
  • give me a good steak

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• For the same reason people won't let the abortion debate alone. Vegetarians and vegans in general believe that we are committing mass murder (they literally refer to it as the Animal Holocaust) so you can't expect them to just 'leave it be'. It's an important cause for them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was raised as a vegetarian but I eat meat and eggs quite often.
    I agree with you, both are just food choices and nothing really wrong with either one.
    Kids in Africa are starving and here we are, debating over some food choices. Eat and let eat lmao.

0|2
    0|0
  • Lol well if they own a leather sofa or bag, that still comes from cow skin too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Donโ€™t generalize all vegetarians like that. Iโ€™ve been a vegetarian almost 3 years now. Never have I ever called a meat eater a carnivore

0|0
    0|0
    • I meant murderer ๐Ÿ˜‚

• they are weird

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes