Why are the "healthiest lunches" always the froofiest sounding food ever?

So I'm starving and at work thinking about how I will spend my lunch break... I go and see an article about healthy lunch options and it's like "butternut kale and quinoa with a side of almonds and fresh fruit." Like what is this froofy crap? lol

Someone tell me that a thick and meaty double cheese burger and fries is the healthiest lunch option! 😂🤣

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Instead of strawberry banana smoothie it'd be like "Freshly picked red sweet organic strawberries with a dash of tropical banana blended to perfection"

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha I know right? They try to make it sound so appetizing! Cracks me up! 😂🤣

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a marketing strategy. Marketers try to appeal to exactly those people who want to eat healthy by mentioning the same foods over and over again, and in turn, healthy eaters give the same advice.

Why they sound froofy? Probably because it has every ingredient in the name and not something simple like lasagna.

Also, butternut kale 😂😂😂

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• They try to make boring sounding food sound interesting and appealing to consumers lol that is all to it

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol right? I once searched how to make simple lentil soup and the first result that popped up was a recipe that called for shallots and seeds of paradise. Like are you kidding me? You mean onions and some pepper, right? xD Really though it's just a marketing scheme catered to people who buy stuff like organic food, but that is a marketing scheme for another day :)

1|1
    0|0
  • I could tell you that, but it would be a lie. Multiple studies have shown the benefits of a mostly-plant diet. I'm not happy about it either. I never feel full when I eat mostly plants.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's all in your head. I like fruits and veggies and I think they healthy for me so when I eat them I am happy

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know right? Lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • The healthiest one is breakfast.. not lunch!"

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugh I know. They try to make the names sound fancy and upscale. No. It's just food

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• So fruit, vegetables and salad are 'froofy'? I like a steak as much as the next guy, but there's a lot of other good food out there.

0|1
    0|0
    • I know dude, I mean I like healthy froofy stuff too lol, I just wasn't feeling up for it at the time I guess, and the article was hitting me funny so I just felt like poking fun at it. 😄

• Because the people making these things are crazy, misinformed fanatics.

To be not unhealthy food needs to contain not too many calories, more protein than fat, more fat than sugars, not too much salt, some vitamins and some minerals. It doesn't have to come from the other side of the world, it doesn't have to contain ridiculous amounts of vitamins or antioxydants, it doesn't have to be organically grown, it doesn't have to be unprocessed, it can even be synthetic.

0|0
    0|0
  • just eat the double cheese and train twice as hard at the gym

0|2
    0|0
  • Everything in moderation is best. Like... eating too much of one "healthy" food and not enough of another will cause a nutrient imbalance.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just eat some lean chicken with grilled vegetables

0|0
    0|0
  • Today I had a mango salad with chicken

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes