What's your favorite dish of your own country? And what's the recipe?

I would to know what's your favorite dish of your own country and how can we make it.

RECIPE:

Mine from Portugal I think is Polvo à Lagareiro (Octopus with olive oil and garlic):

You boil the octopus to make it soft. Then you put in an oven recipient the octopus (cut it in big pieces) with potatoes, roughly smashed garlic. And put the olive oil. Everything in the oven until the olive oil boils or the octopus is starting to be crunchy.

You can also put the octopus alone with the potatoes in the oven and prepare the olive oil and garlic on the side, in the end, on the plate you put the warm olive oil.

92

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm from America and my favorite dish is a good ol' Southern breakfast. It's eggs served any way you like with crispy bacon, sausage links, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, buttery grits, and pancakes or waffles.

Eggs are usually scrambled or sunny side up. Bacon is best crisped in the oven with the sausage links or sausage patties. Hash browns are made from shredded potatoes then cooked in minimal oil on the stovetop. biscuits are covered in a sausage gravy made with milk and flour and salt/pepper. Grits is thickened in a pot on the stove and mixed with lots of butter.

Basically, a breakfast like Denny's. You can do a search on the restaurant and see for yourself the different variations of breakfast foods.
    www.valpak.com/img/bpp/DennysQC_breakfast.jpg
    And biscuits and gravy. Looks weird though:
    search.chow.com/.../...uits_sausage_gravy_3000.jpg