What's your favorite dish of your own country? And what's the recipe?

I would to know what's your favorite dish of your own country and how can we make it.

RECIPE:

Mine from Portugal I think is Polvo à Lagareiro (Octopus with olive oil and garlic):

You boil the octopus to make it soft. Then you put in an oven recipient the octopus (cut it in big pieces) with potatoes, roughly smashed garlic. And put the olive oil. Everything in the oven until the olive oil boils or the octopus is starting to be crunchy.

You can also put the octopus alone with the potatoes in the oven and prepare the olive oil and garlic on the side, in the end, on the plate you put the warm olive oil.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm from America and my favorite dish is a good ol' Southern breakfast. It's eggs served any way you like with crispy bacon, sausage links, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, buttery grits, and pancakes or waffles.

Eggs are usually scrambled or sunny side up. Bacon is best crisped in the oven with the sausage links or sausage patties. Hash browns are made from shredded potatoes then cooked in minimal oil on the stovetop. biscuits are covered in a sausage gravy made with milk and flour and salt/pepper. Grits is thickened in a pot on the stove and mixed with lots of butter.

Basically, a breakfast like Denny's. You can do a search on the restaurant and see for yourself the different variations of breakfast foods.
    www.valpak.com/img/bpp/DennysQC_breakfast.jpg
    And biscuits and gravy. Looks weird though:
    search.chow.com/.../...uits_sausage_gravy_3000.jpg

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• What I like the most is obviously very stereotypical:
    Schweinsbraten mit Sauerkraut und Semmelknödel
    (in English: roast pork with sauerkraut and bread dumpling)

I guess you can google the recipe ;)

0|1
    0|0
    • Actually I know it, but I thought it was more polish than Germany. From Germany I like the pork knee, so good and the hot raspberries desert, so good!!

• Show All
    • Yes of course. maybe it's like the goulash, from all over central and east Europe with small variations

• yeah, maybe ;)

• Crêpes ! They're some kind of very thin pancakes, you can either eat them with something sweet (chocolate, sugar, butter, jam...) or something salty (eggs, cheese, ham...). It's super easy to make.
    I also love boeuf bourguignon. I don't know the recipes by heart but I'm sure you can find them on Google 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • Iam from Pakistan and my Favourite dish is Chicken Sajji.. it's so yummy!!
    you can search recipe of it from Google :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Malva pudding and koeksisters😱 the recipes on Google (sorry I don't think there's enough space to add both recipes😕)

0|0
    0|0
  • Fish and chips.

0|1
    0|0
  • la Fondue!

0|1
    0|0
  • my grandfather's (Israeli one) Latkes.

0|1
    0|0
  • dinardaraan.

(any animal blood, make sure to make it broken or their is no clotting blood add vinegar) +
    (add cooked sliced meat or cooked sliced intestines)
    (add garlic, peppermint)
    (mix and cook)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Cheese burger. Cheese of your choice, buns, and patty. Additional choice of vegetables and other undesirables

0|0
    0|0
    • For the choice I guess you're American, but I guess hamburguers are actually from hamburg, germany. Correct me if I'm wrong?

• Show All
    • I miss some part on your written English or in my lack of english:

"If you consider the patty all that matters, then it came form Germany."

So are you American or German?

• I'm American.

The meat of the Cheeseburger comes from Germany. The sandwich comes from America.

• Dutch food is pretty appalling IMHO

0|0
    0|0
    • you have flamengo cheese. Very good actually. And another cheeses

Recommended myTakes