Can you live in this world without having fast food/junk food at all?

I mean, from biological perspective yes. But we're constantly bombarded with promotions for fast food and such. You can raise a toddler with not a single ounce of junk food. But when they start mixing with their peers, they want to fit in with them and start eating junk food too.

Basically I feel that there's an indirect compulsion from society to buy and consume junk food.

Our past generations did extremely well without junk food. Can't we just completely eliminate junk food from our lives? Or can you?

• You can live without a single ounce of junk food
    Vote A
  • Sadly it's impossible to completely eliminate junk food from our lives
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a compulsion for society to buy junk food! Why? Because they purposefully make it addictive. Sodium, preservatives, corn starch etc. are extremely addictive. Coke for instance is absolutely horrible and so addictive it surpasses some street drugs in how addictive it is. I was raised with no junk food. I have never had more than a sip of a coke. I have gone years without any junk food but it is very hard to do. I do eat junk food now. They make it so convenient and cheap sometimes it's easier or faster. The difficulty is change, once you eat junk food it's hard to not however the opposite is also true. Let my digestive system explain how unhealthy a simple hamburger is: After years of eating healthy and no junk food a friend had a McDonald's cheese burger. hmmmm. After eating healthy for so long my body became accustomed to it. What haooened after i ate it? I puked it up and my body treated it like I was eating poison. That's how bad it is for you, yet I still eat it?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Is it possible. Yes.

Is it feasible to go an entire lifetime in our current society to never consume fast/junk food. No.

However consuming fast/junk food is not a bad thing. It is about the quantity that you consume it that matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • I could but what fun would that be? I mean don't get me wrong I rarely ever eat fast food to begin with but I do enjoy a double or triple bacon cheese burger and a side order of cheese fries every now and then.

1|1
    0|0
  • It can be hard when your traveling for work and would like the time to prepare your own food but don't have it and your surrounded by chain food restaurants. Plus we don't even know the long term effects of GMO foods on the market which is another story in itself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wonder how humans would slowly evolve if we still ate pure organic 100% natural foods... clean food --> Fruits, veggies, legumes, meats, nuts whatever else just nothing processed and everything grown naturally

1|0
    0|1
  • RASAYS The people who provide "fast food" call it a weapons system. Disconnect from the media for a month. No TV, NO Newspapers, NO radio. Eat foods that grow above the ground. Fruit is the perfect food because it offers itself when ripe, it falls from the tree. Protien of the sea is good, fish and seaweed but only eat fish with scales. Read books that teach you something. We LOVE you. We are RA. We are GOLDEN. LOVE<3

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I've been doing it since I was 17. My children are not as strict as me but my habits definitely affected them to be more health conscious.
    ~JSmith

1|0
    0|0
  • Its a matter of getting used to the healthy food if a kid is eating junk food since childhood accordingly the taste buds develop and if they are if they don't eat from the begining it can be successful

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but I don't think I would want to.

I love pizza and burgers too much.

1|0
    0|0
    • Burgers are meh but I agree, pizza is good 😎

• Well I am not really thinking of Burger King or McDonald's. I am thinking of either 5 Guys or home grilled burgers.

• i0.kym-cdn.com/.../12b.png

Yeah I could do it, my sense of smell ain't so good neither is my sense of taste so I don't feel the urge to eat them.

Wendy's, Mac donald's, Burker king etc. are all fags

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

1|0
    0|0
  • You can if you cook and eat at home. everything you get from outside is junk. even the healthy options taste like shit, which is also junk.

1|0
    0|0
  • More and more people are waking up to how they are manipulated by advertising and the media to eat junk food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Even though I rarely eat junk food I don't see a reason to get rid of it completely, sure it's unhealthy but why deny yourself the pleasure of eating it every once in a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can easily survive without it because I rarely eat fast/junk food and I barely have any urges to eat it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything in moderation and you'll be fine! Junk was never meant to be eaten as more than an occasional treat to be savoured.

1|0
    0|0
  • I could make do. I will admit that I like fast-food but I can live without it.

1|0
    0|0
  • its nice to have "comfort food" available. last thing I want to eat when I'm upset is a salad

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, because I rarely eat junk food and it's not something that I crave constantly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i can live without junk food and replace it with vegetables.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't live with junk food not for me I feel something like is gonna sufocate me

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd die from withdrawl

1|0
    0|0
  • where there is a will, there is a way.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't eat junk food.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i can, very easily

1|0
    0|0
  • Not possible for me..

1|0
    0|0
  • I love junk food

1|0
    0|0
  • i could

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously you can.

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends onhow you classify pizzas.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, I could definitely live without junk food. Don't we need to have both junk and healthy food? I'm not sure If it's to balance our weight, but I've heard that before.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I eat junk food occasionally but I prefer homemade food cause even if it's unhealthy it's healthier than junk food. I can definitely live without it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Of we can live without fast food, would I? No.

I'm all for healthy eating. I've mainly cut out fast food, but every now-and-then, I need my fast food fix. It isn't going to kill you. I could NOT live in a world without it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if you have personal chefs - so... only the rich...

Everyone will consume some fast food at one point in their lives... it's just the way it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • Does that mean I have to give up cake, cookies and icecream... I don't know

1|1
    0|0
  • yep and will be healthy and happy.. they will have to close every gym though lol cuz then they will be pointless

1|0
    0|0
  • I can and I do. I like to cook so it's not hard for me to avoid junk food

1|0
    0|0
  • Came back from village. Junk food and fast food is popular in rural areas too.

1|1
    0|0
  • I could and have done so for periods of time -- but I love junk food too much to give it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah but it'd be hard. cause I get cravings

1|0
    0|0
  • No I can't I need it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I can.