Can you live in this world without having fast food/junk food at all?

I mean, from biological perspective yes. But we're constantly bombarded with promotions for fast food and such. You can raise a toddler with not a single ounce of junk food. But when they start mixing with their peers, they want to fit in with them and start eating junk food too.

Basically I feel that there's an indirect compulsion from society to buy and consume junk food.

Our past generations did extremely well without junk food. Can't we just completely eliminate junk food from our lives? Or can you?

• You can live without a single ounce of junk food
  • Sadly it's impossible to completely eliminate junk food from our lives

1329

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a compulsion for society to buy junk food! Why? Because they purposefully make it addictive. Sodium, preservatives, corn starch etc. are extremely addictive. Coke for instance is absolutely horrible and so addictive it surpasses some street drugs in how addictive it is. I was raised with no junk food. I have never had more than a sip of a coke. I have gone years without any junk food but it is very hard to do. I do eat junk food now. They make it so convenient and cheap sometimes it's easier or faster. The difficulty is change, once you eat junk food it's hard to not however the opposite is also true. Let my digestive system explain how unhealthy a simple hamburger is: After years of eating healthy and no junk food a friend had a McDonald's cheese burger. hmmmm. After eating healthy for so long my body became accustomed to it. What haooened after i ate it? I puked it up and my body treated it like I was eating poison. That's how bad it is for you, yet I still eat it?