How much alcohol is dangerous from experience?

I'm 15 and usually don't drink, have a pretty strong stomach so I don't throw up usually. Does anyone know how much alcohol is dangerous? Right now had about 4 shots of Jägermeister so far

56

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean fatal, it depends on your blood volume and tolerance for alcohol. A smaller person who does not drink often would be more susceptible. During my senior year of high school, a classmate consumed half a fifth of alcohol in the girl’s room, fell into a coma and died shortly thereafter. Comedian W. C. Fields was seldom seen without a drink and was reputed to consume the equivalent of a fifth per day. Yet he was never visibly drunk and he never missed a line.
    Mixing alcohol with drugs can produce synergistic effects that alter the scope dramatically. I met a fellow who got mildly drunk but also took a barbiturate. He did that twice and very nearly died on the second occasion. When he awaked in the hospital, the doctor informed him that his liver was severely damaged and a few drinks in the future would likely kill him.
    That said, I think you need to worry more about the long term effects of alcohol consumption. I have known many people who were “social drinkers” who ultimately suffered serious consequences. DUI’s, relationship problems, poor health, lost jobs, etc. Those who drink every day have a heavier burden. Fields, for example, died at the age of 66, after suffering through the shakes and delusions of delirium tremens.
    Here is the difference. I nether smoke or drink. Though I am 64, people usually think I’m in my 50’s. I body build 6 hours per week, and do cardio 3 times a week, usually some combination of running 2.25 miles through the hills and/or swimming half a mile.
    Many alcoholics begin just like you, at an early age and wondering just how far they can push it. If you’re asking my opinion, ANY amount of alcohol is dangerous---particularly at your stage of development.
    ~JSmith

• That was a great read! As I said, I usually don't drink and don't plan to drink, just wanted to try it. I had about 7 glasses of it (not full obviously) and today, I don't feel like anything happened in the first place. Yesterday I didn't feel much either, although I drank about a fifth or a forth of the bottle. I'll keep what you said in mind, thanks!