How much alcohol is dangerous from experience?

I'm 15 and usually don't drink, have a pretty strong stomach so I don't throw up usually. Does anyone know how much alcohol is dangerous? Right now had about 4 shots of Jägermeister so far

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean fatal, it depends on your blood volume and tolerance for alcohol. A smaller person who does not drink often would be more susceptible. During my senior year of high school, a classmate consumed half a fifth of alcohol in the girl’s room, fell into a coma and died shortly thereafter. Comedian W. C. Fields was seldom seen without a drink and was reputed to consume the equivalent of a fifth per day. Yet he was never visibly drunk and he never missed a line.
    Mixing alcohol with drugs can produce synergistic effects that alter the scope dramatically. I met a fellow who got mildly drunk but also took a barbiturate. He did that twice and very nearly died on the second occasion. When he awaked in the hospital, the doctor informed him that his liver was severely damaged and a few drinks in the future would likely kill him.
    That said, I think you need to worry more about the long term effects of alcohol consumption. I have known many people who were “social drinkers” who ultimately suffered serious consequences. DUI’s, relationship problems, poor health, lost jobs, etc. Those who drink every day have a heavier burden. Fields, for example, died at the age of 66, after suffering through the shakes and delusions of delirium tremens.
    Here is the difference. I nether smoke or drink. Though I am 64, people usually think I’m in my 50’s. I body build 6 hours per week, and do cardio 3 times a week, usually some combination of running 2.25 miles through the hills and/or swimming half a mile.
    Many alcoholics begin just like you, at an early age and wondering just how far they can push it. If you’re asking my opinion, ANY amount of alcohol is dangerous---particularly at your stage of development.
    ~JSmith

0|0
    0|0
    • That was a great read! As I said, I usually don't drink and don't plan to drink, just wanted to try it. I had about 7 glasses of it (not full obviously) and today, I don't feel like anything happened in the first place. Yesterday I didn't feel much either, although I drank about a fifth or a forth of the bottle. I'll keep what you said in mind, thanks!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on your height, weight, how much/how fast you drink and so many other things. There are ways you can calculate but either way you'll find what your limit is soon enough. I'm pretty tiny and don't drink a lot so my limit is usually 3 or 4 shots.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any amount can be dangerous. I've got over a litre of vodka and been fine. It depends how your body handles it and how fast you drink it and how much you drink in general

0|0
    0|0
  • Any amount is dangerous for you because of your age. You have not finished growing and it's going to affect your brain in negative ways.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm dumb anyways so it won't change much

• Show All
    • Mabey I am not getting something, English is not my first language.

• Right.. To me it seemed like freebies

• You're under age you shouldn't be drinking.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• depends on your own personal limits. you won't know them til you have gone past the limits a few times to know when to stop.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on a lot of factors, but 4 shot is nowhere near dangerous

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it depends on your tolerance but you're safe right now

0|0
    0|0
  • Here for the answers

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your weight