Allergic to certain foods?

I recently just found out through my doctor that I am allergic to chocolate and that has been the reason I have been breaking out in hives lately. Do you know how hard it is not to eat brownies when you're allergic to chocolate😓. Now I'm stuck with peanut butter and sugar cookies right now; which are tasty I must say. Is anyone allergic to certain foods they wish they weren't allergic to?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with you on the chocolate allergy OP :/

The first few weeks of avoidance are hard but it gets easier! And you're going to feel so much better! Have you tried blondies? These are SUPER good www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/12/01/blonde-brownies/

Man. If I didn't have my food allergies I'd be so happy. SO HAPPY. Just like take all my allergies so I can be a functional member of society again XD

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• It's probably not chocolate per say, but rather some compound within the chocolate. Possibly cocoa? Brownies can be made without using too much cocoa. You could try substituting carob powder or unsweetened chocolate.

Milk chocolate has less cocoa than dark. White chocolate even less. Maybe try a small amount of these varieties and see if the reaction is as pronounced.

Anyway, play around with ingredients and see if you figure out a combination that works for your body.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I found out next week at the doctor why chocolate is breaking me out. I think I'm allergic to the cocoa. This sucks😓. I'm researching vegan desserts now bc I'm thinking about going vegan so as long as I can eat my sweets and still be healthy I'll be happy lol. *hopefully there's a good vegan blondie or brownie recipe out there*. Thank you! I'll look into it.

• I'm allergic to milk

0|0
    0|0
    • Dang. Do you drink lactaid? without the lactose

• Allergies are due to a protein immune interaction. so apart from in the first 6 weeks I have never had milk or cream or...

What Girls Said 2

• I'm allergic to honey. Whenever I eat some my throat gets really scratchy and it feels like my airway gets smaller and I have some trouble breathing, which really worries me and is why I make sure to avoid honey. I've only had it like twice in my entire life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watermelons, melons, peanuts, SEASME seeds, almonds, tree nuts,

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes