What are some easy to make decent dishes for one person?

Moved to the UK a few month ago, mainly been eating pizza, but that's getting boring. (and it's a serious pain to throw out all those boxes)

Any recommendations? I live on my own and I don't really the fancy kind of food, simple is best.

Also, I hate stuff like lasagna and pasta. I know, blasphemy.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I was going to say Mac N cheese but you hate that stuff. Turkey sandwiches maybe, peanut butter and jelly? It's easy and it usually fulfills my appetite. Omelets are also easy, you can get creative and add whatever you like to eggs.
    I know noodles may remind you of pasta but meh, it's what I usually eat in college when I'm sick of pizza..

• I'm used to instant noodles (lived in china at some point) It's not too bad. I do like omelets, but it looks like the bread here isn't what I'm used to, so I haven't made it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Chicken with rice and curry.

Wok with some vegetables, meat and rice. You can boil the rice and do the rest on a frying pan. First you've to fry the meat, and then you can add the vegetables and rice on the pan. Soy sauce and curry is recommended.

Salad. You mix together the vegetables etc. that you likes.

Fish. You can just throw the fish in the oven with vegetables and squeezing some lemon juice plus some spice on it. After it's finished you can just take it out of the oven and eat it.

Porridge. It's simple.

Grilled cheese sandwich.

I tried my best to mention some healthy and good food suggestions. I'm not a fan of junk food and frozen pizza tastes bad in my opinion.