Do you consider veganism to be a "liberal" thing?

Even though I'm a vegan liberal I don't because my political views played no role in my decision.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a lot of people associate veganism with the left, but it doesn't always have anything to do with politics. Anyone, whether they're left or right leaning can have respect for animals, they can care for the environment (though the left seem to care more), and anyone can value their health.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Vegans and Liberals are both pussies. They go hand in hand together.

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah, I'm such a "pussy" because I don't pay someone to slaughter a helpless animal for me, right -_-

• Well if most liberals are vegans would explain they're thinking process and brain compacity your bodie needs protein animals contain that fruits and vegetables don't you need all categories on the table to be healthy physically if your not healthy physically your not mentally liberalsism=weakness and retardation

0|0
    0|0
    • I know one will coment on this when they see it so here dipshit body ^ liberalism ^

• Show All
    • Compassion huh well they got pretty violent after trump got elected in sounds like hypocrisy to me and beans aren't gonna do shit for you vegans have serious health issues when they age also don't live aslong so go ahead and eat all that we are animals and animals eat other animals thats why they are here

• "Compassion huh well they got pretty violent after trump got elected in sounds like hypocrisy to me"
      There's a saying: I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I'll fight for what I love.

Second, as for beans not helping me later in life
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVYmfTTw7_g

• Nah. Veganism is just an annoying thing. It only applies to those who actively identify themselves as that first and foremost. Seriously, that should only apply if you're at a restaurant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all liberals are vegans, but most vegans are liberals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that's sad how most people said yes. It's a lifestyle not a political ideology.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because most people I know of that are vegans, weren't vegans until they became liberals.

0|0
    0|0
  • I group them together. I consider both to be. forms of mental illness. No offense intended

0|0
    1|0
  • Well why are you a vegan?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a lifestyle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah a vegan is likely to be a liberal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no clue really

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• It's strange because both liberals and conservatives seem to agree when it comes to animals, but I've found liberals are much more likely to be vegans than conservatives for whatever reason. I think it's the stereotype that liberals are the peace-loving hippies, and the stereotype that vegans are peace-loving hippies sort of overlaps with the liberal stereotype. This is a stupid answer, but that's just my thinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a vegan, but I am more of a moderate. More on the conservative side pertaining to personal values, and liberal in terms of global mindset ( i. e some liberal and some conservative beliefs that dont fit the standard mold) I became a vegan for health and environmental reasons. But I firmly believe that the vegan lifestyle should be about the health, the environment, and the well being of a person to live life to the fullest. I think even a conservative could agree upon some of those aspects.

Hope that gave you some insight!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well most vegans I know are liberal.
    I mean I heard a vegan make the argument that veganism is also a feminist movement as well. lol (For the female animals).

0|0
    0|0
  • All the vegans I know are liberals. So I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do because in LA all the liberals who smoke weed and are vegan seem to be the liberal people

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhm... Can I just say I don't know? xD

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it has anything to do with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't know it had anything to do with politics.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes