Can you make waffles from pancake batter?

I personally think both are the same thing with different shapes, so they can be made from the same batter. What is your opinion?
  • Yes
  • No
So the conclusion is that you can't make pancakes from waffles or vice versa. There is a slight difference in preparation of batter

711

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You can, but they won't be as good.
    Pancakes are soft and floppy, they don't crisp up unless you cook them in a lot of butter (or a good pancake shouldn't anyway).
    Waffle batter has a higher sugar and fat content which makes them caramelise on the outside but stay light inside