Can you make waffles from pancake batter?

I personally think both are the same thing with different shapes, so they can be made from the same batter. What is your opinion?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
So the conclusion is that you can't make pancakes from waffles or vice versa. There is a slight difference in preparation of batter

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You can, but they won't be as good.
    Pancakes are soft and floppy, they don't crisp up unless you cook them in a lot of butter (or a good pancake shouldn't anyway).
    Waffle batter has a higher sugar and fat content which makes them caramelise on the outside but stay light inside

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Yes and no. First of all they are not the same thing because they should have different consistency, fat contents and water/cream contents simply because of the different ways that hey are cooked.

You also want waffles to be crispy while pancakes should be much softer. You can substitute them but you get subpar results.

1|0
    0|0
  • thicken it up for waffles as compared to pancakes. Or if you used it at the thicker consistency for pancakes, they'd be thick and it would be more difficult to cook them properly (though not necessarily impossible).

You can also coat chicken with it and deep fry it. It comes out a little sweet. Good with syrup. Hey, some people have sausage for breakfast, why not chicken?

0|0
    0|0
  • you can make waffles from pancake batter, but it's best to add variety between the two. I personally prefer my waffles a little fluffier than my pancakes. and I've been making both since I was a child.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well waffles tend to be crispy while pancakes tend to be soft so...

1|0
    0|0
  • Not an opinion, a fact. They are 2 different foods. if you use pancake batter waffles will be flat and burnt

3|0
    1|1
  • No you can't make good waffles with pancake batter without maker some changes. Waffle batter has more sugar for caramelization and more fat for a crispy exterior.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're pretty much the same. one is flat and floppy, the other has pockmarks convenient for syrup.

1|0
    0|0
  • usually there is a slight difference in the mix if you are using a package they often tell you how to make both pancake and waffle batter

1|0
    0|0
  • It's like having one orange, freshly pressed orange juice, and saying they are different.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Not at all. Waffles are different.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• You actually can't unless you have this miracle recipe where the same amount, and same exact ingredients work for both.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd assume so... all you'd have to do is pour the batter into the waffle maker

1|0
    1|0
  • yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's true. They're the exact same batter.

2|0
    1|0
  • No, its just pancakes no matter what

1|0
    0|0
  • no they are different

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes