Favourite food for first date (and why)?

• Chinese takeout
    Vote A
  • Thai food
    Vote B
  • Italian pasta/pizza
    Vote C
  • European cuisine
    Vote D
  • Fancy seafood
    Vote E
  • Spicy wings and sloppy burgers, the messier the better
    Vote F
  • I don't like eating on a first date even if my date wants to
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like Chinese food, Italian food and European food since much of it tastes good. Although I likes sushi, spicy chicken and many other food types too I wouldn't eat it on a first date because it's messy and I'm too clumsy with the chopsticks. It doesn't help being made in China if you're trained and raised in Norway. :P

1|0
    0|0
    • I knows Italian food is European food since Italia is a European country. But I answered based on the poll.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to not eat on the first date. I prefer to be able to completely focus on my date and do something simple that isn't very time consuming. Like taking a walk in the park. Plus I don't like involving money so early on. I prefer to pay for my own things and wouldn't want to get into a mini-argument concerning who should/shouldn't pay and how much.
    And if the date, for some reason, was so awful that I had to run away, it would be much easier to do so if I'm not committed to the situation. Like if you're at a restaurant, it would feel beyond rude to leave before the main course has even reached your table. But if you're just taking a walk, you could read a fake text message/get a fake call and make up an excuse to leave.
    If I absolutely had to eat something on a date, I'd prefer to just go to a café and have a coffee and a cookie.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• All you can eat tapa's are perfect in my opinion. Tiny plates with very varied food where you can comfortably be a while and get to know each other trough the dishes. No concern on prices and who orders what, just nice relaxed eating without being quickly full.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know the almost perfect restaurant for it to. They got a bit of everything, sushi, meat dishes, vegitarian, fastfood. The only problem is the waitresses are clearly selected on sheer beauty so she might get the wrong impression of me picking that location if she assume i did it for the girls.

• I vote H, If i am eating with my date, i am the one cooking and its usually Italian. Thats usually a third date, when i am going out on a first date though its not something i care about, I typically eat where ever the girl likes because when it comes to food if it doesn't try to kill me first i will eat anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in a position to ever date as a FT working single dad , but hypothetically... no food or anything fancy , a simple coffee type date that does not put pressure on either party , this allows BOTH parties to eject quickly... for one example , I would , if on a date with a phone zombie and / or a woman that proved to be obnoxious & rude , I would pay quickly & leave without a word , a meal does not allow this !! It works both ways , both parties evaluate the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • BBQ ribs because I want you can't eat them without getting messy. I want someone who isn't going to put on pretenses. I want a real down to Earth woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I go with her in one of my fav restaurants... and I ask her what she like before we go out, one time I had a girl with an allergic reaction at seafood crusts like shrimps, luckily I asked before...

0|0
    0|0
  • Pastas breads dairy products maybe even some German spätzle or some Service à la française ;) what ever tickles you're pickle.

1|0
    0|0
  • i voted F.. the messier the better lol. It helps break the ice and if you're both covered in bbq sauce after eating wings or ribs then you know you're on t a winner :p

0|0
    0|0
  • why would i buy her food and pay a lot of money when iam not even sure if she using me or not or if she really likes me? usually i buy some ice cream or something cheap, i dont like being used.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the event we did the day that I have planed is either going to be a picnic at sunset or chicken express

0|0
    0|0
  • Anywhere I can get a salad. I get self-conscious when I'm bloated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always sit a woman at the library and read with her. I make her starve and sit in silence, while I make it awkward 😒

0|0
    0|0
  • pizza or seafood but something fulfilling i don't want to hungry on a date

0|0
    0|0
  • there is no such thing like favorite food for first date
    its totally depend upon your partner and the mood
    I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • No favorite first date food. I don't always go out to eat on first date anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd ask date what her/his fav food is and go from there 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • drinks or something active for me. no food on first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally not something too messy, I've made this mistake before.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go with Chinese, but if the girl seems chill AF, I'm ordering spicy wings and sloppy burgers

0|0
    0|0
  • whatever she wants. im not picky so food is good for me

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't matter what we eat, as long as we're having a good time ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • Sushi go-round, fun, light mood and adventurous.

1|0
    0|0
  • coffee and maybe a pastry to share, keep it simple

1|1
    0|0
  • McDonald's, it's cheap

0|1
    0|0
  • Alcohol 🍺

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian Pasta/ Pizza

0|0
    0|0
  • pizza cause its easy and delicious!

0|0
    0|0
  • When you are with french its always romantique

0|0
    0|0
  • Seafood near sea

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian all the way

0|0
    0|0
  • Pizza!

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• All of the above!!

I'm seriously not going to complain.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I've ever had dinner on a first date. I would usually go for something quick like coffee or gelato because if it's terrible, I don't want to have to stick around to eat my food before I can leave.

I don't particularly care about making a mess on the first date. I have also been eating with chopsticks practically since I was born so that would be fine for me. I'm not overly fond of Thai food; I prefer Vietnamese.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something simple but tasty and filling. I don't see the point in a fancy feast if we don't even know each other yet. I'd be happy with a sandwich or a burger, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian or French for a first date. After that it's game on!

1|0
    0|0
  • finger foods, i'd wanna go to mcdonalds and eat french fries. :DDDDDDD

1|0
    0|0
    • are you being serious? id figured id be stabbed if I went that cheep.

• Show All
    • @mattmanyah i'd never. that's messed up. i'd order the 2 for $4 at that lol

• yeah I would still feel bad about it even if its what the girl wanted the only way I go cheep on a first date is if I really like her ill set up to have whatever activity we have planed end around sunset and have a picnic on a hill top... you lookin for a boyfriend lol =)

• Probably Italian/pasta because I know there will be something on that menu I'll probably like and it won't be messy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would like European cuisine, just cause it seems the least messy and I'm kinda of self-conscious when eating any messy foods in public.

1|0
    0|0
  • pasta. it's filling and I won't waste money by buying more than I'll eat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love pizza, it's easy, it's relatively clean, fun to eat with someone else and it tastes amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything ranging from salad to steak and chips.
    Outback sure covers ground.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pizza or seafood.

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian pasta/pizza

0|0
    0|0
  • Adjarian Khachapuri!!! <3

0|0
    0|0