How to keep my waffles crispy?

So earlier I asked about waffle vs. pancake batter. Today I tried my waffle machine gifted by a friend. So I tried the recipe given in the user manual. I was making waffles for my friend coming to breakfast. So we had regular hashbrowns, sausage links, bacon, scrambled eggs, waffle with icecream in the breakfast. I started making hashbrowns, then waffles since sausage links, eggs, and bacon should be warm and made close to when people are coming. However, my waffles lost their crispiness by the time my friends arrived and they became very soft. How do I prevent this?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• First make sure you're using a good waffle batter and not pancake batter as waffle batter has more sugar for caramelization and more fat/butter/oil for a crispy exterior. To keep them warm and crispy heat your oven to 200F and place your waffles directly on the baking rack so your waffles stay warm and crispy and don't get soggy as they continue to release steam.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eat them asap as soon as they are done cooking