Which is the most disappointing meal you've had in your adult life?

I don't mean something minimal or something with the least amount of effort put into it. I mean something that you got out at a restaurant or something you, or someone else, cooked for you.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I had pizza in Rome and Venice and I was quite disappointed. It's not that the pizza was bad or anything but I expected much better since that's where pizza originated from. Maybe my expectations were too high.

0|1
    0|0
    • Depends... I'm guessing you're American... You're accustomed to such different cuisine... Italian pizza is very fresh and simple. That's the magic of it.

• Show All
    • The obesity thing is a completely different subject and I don't agree with the crispy crust part. The Neapolitan style pizza is very wet experience and the bottom of the pizza on a whole is very soft and pliable as opposed to the stiff, crisp-bottom of a New York slice. Additionally, the middle of the pizza is quite soupy and that's why pizza in Naples is eaten with a knife and fork.

• @jp612612 I don't know where you've eaten it then... (Which restaurant...)

• Last year, Me and my cousin went to are family members (Cousin) house for Thanksgiving. The rice was extremely dry with no taste, we hardly had any turkey meat (Which taste terrible) and the vegetables (mixed vegetables) were ice cold like it came from the freezer. Me and my cousin were pissed off thinking that they did not know how to cook. When we left there house, we stop at a 24hrs restaurant to get some real food. Later we found out that are family member in laws brought left over food from somebody else house and they had a better meal before we got there.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow that was so rude!
      What the hell is wrong with those people?

• Show All
    • You know what I'd do?
      I'd buy or make something for my family coming there and then just use their plates to eat MY meal off of... Haha

• Lol I Wil definitely try that. Lol

• Since I eat out five days a week to many bad experiences to talk about. But let's just say tonight at Buffalo Wild Wings I had a horrible meal the mozzarella sticks were hard and over cooked and the chicken wings all drums were hard and chewy and they tasted stale and they were cold and dry It was just an awful meal with a lousy waiter that I had

0|0
    0|0
    • The vegetables were frozen but they still have that Frozen taste about it. Don't get me wrong I have had many outstanding meals as well but these days the quality of food and the preparation and the waiters are very slim. I do love female waitresses the best that smile with upbeat good service

• Morton's steakhouse was very disappointing, my mom and I just split this pitiful little spot of fish, $40 f****** dollars are you kidding me! It wasn't even good! I just drank my dinner, they had a decent bar at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • I once ordered a coconut thickshake from the local café and what i got back was two scoops of half melted vanilla ice cream in a cup with a straw and some grated coconut sprinkled on top 😧

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, that's a difficult thing to come up with. I mean the "most" anything is tough. Saying that something is the worst or best ever is serious business, but I would say that the first one that comes to my mind is my dinner at Chez Panisse in Berkeley. Alice Waters is sort of considered the founder of this whole organic, seasonal, local thing that has been in fashion for the past 20 years. Her restaurant has a Michelin star and I just found the meal to be boring. The dinner there is $110/person which I guess isn't completely outrageous but it wasn't exciting food and I spent the whole evening wishing that either:

A) We went to Morimoto instead because the menu there is so much more interesting

B) We went to Incanto, which was celebrating the Bay Area's last weekend of foie gras with a foie gras tasting menu.

I stopped kicking myself over B) when the law banning foie gras was overturned a few years later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Worst meal I have ever had I would say eating out a girl who had a yeist infection. Hense I smelled so. thing wrong and gave it a try. Save face put on a smile and just cring...

0|0
    0|0
  • My paternal grandmother was not a vegetarian
    but she served for one meal , cheese, tomatoes,
    and that was about it no meat or mac n cheese
    or any potato.

0|0
    0|0
  • A bowling club banquet we went to had a catered dinner for us. The salad was limp, the veggies were ubviously frozen and reheated, and the beef was practically raw. One of us commented to a server bringing out another pan of beef (which was also raw), and all he did was give her a dirty look and went back to the kitchen.

Another time, we were going to have dinner at a restaurant, and the waitress brought out four glasses of water together with one hand (one thumb in one glass, the other three glasses had a finger in each glass. Clever, but we didn't somebody's finger in our water, and left.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first time I had WingStop, the food was so salty that it was inedible. :-/

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually anything I cook, it always looks the part but doesn't really taste of anything

0|0
    0|0
  • went to Applebees and got Ribs, and they were so tuff, I couldn't eat them

0|0
    0|0
  • Squid.

0|0
    0|0
  • everything i cook is just disappointing

0|1
    0|0
  • Vagina

0|0
    0|0
  • when i must pay

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• My SO and I went to a restaurant call the Top of the World in the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas. Horrible food! It was not a good time and the prices were very high. Needless to say we will never go back there.

0|0
    0|0
  • We went to this restaurant once that everyone raved about. I was excited to try it and was so disappointed. The food and service wasn't amazing

0|0
    0|0
  • I once ordered this chicken and it was so salty I couldn't even swallow.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was at this Mexican restaurant called el pollo loco. It was chicken. It was so bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Kraft Dinner.

Hate that shit.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes