What do you think would happen if the age limit on alcohol was removed?

So now even kids and teens and buy it and drink it legally?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd probably leave the country 😂 no but for real... if they do that, the driving age needs to go up. There are already enough irresponsible people in this country... I don't need to be worried about new drivers drunk on the road in addition to that.

But honestly... I think if the US had allowed drinking at a younger age like some other countries do, younger people wouldn't feel so rebellious to do bad shit. Like the drinking age is 21 here... younger people just get alcohol to show off usually and they go overboard with it. I know these2 statements are contradicting but to take the age off now... don't think it's a good idea. If it was something that this country has always done, I don't think it'd be that big of a problem.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• oh you can kill yourself with tar and serve in the military and be shot at but you can't drink what human civilization was founded upon and what "at least European wise" drank for 1000s of years in place of water as water was filthy at the time and disease ridden

0|1
    0|0
    • i can understand the rule for maybe Africans and natives but for at least us and Asians drank it for 1000s of years we have a high tolerance to it

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• We owned a liquor store while I was growing up. We just sold it a few years ago. Sadly, it's NOT as hard as you might think for them to get their hands on it anyway.

Now me personally, I was allowed to have it, in small amounts with my parents supervision. Since I knew what it was, it wasn't nearly as taboo, they novelty wasn't really there, and it was just Meh.

Do you know the reason that 21 is the drinking age? It's because our brains aren't fully developed until age 25; portions than can be irrevocably damaged by alcohol consumption, aren't fully developed until age 21.

In short, the legal drinking age is 21, because we don't want a society of degenerates running around. However, not all booze is equal, and some forms have little to no effect on the brain's development.

Yet, the law was originally put into affect for a very different but related reason. Teenagers whom were intoxicated were attributed with 80% of all DUI related crashes at one point in our nations history, due to the underdeveloped risk/reward receptors in the brain. They were getting a high from the adrenaline while in an impaired state, and it was ruled that it would made our roads and highways safer to take the drinks away from those who lacked the ability to "drink responsibly".

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly when I was young, I started drinking at 15 years old, I never had a problem getting alcohol. I would always have older guy friends who would buy it for me lol. So if that was the case then I don't think much would happen. I did act stupid but never because of alcohol and drugs. If kids really wanted to drink and do drugs, there's always a way for them to get it legal or not

0|1
    0|0
  • There would definitely be a lot more DUIs and accidents involving adolescents (18 and under) because they lack the responsibility a 21 year old would have. And there would be a lot more developmental problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kids would post their illegal activities on social media without fear of geting in trouble. Honestly it wouldn't affect kids drinking, if someone under aged wants to drink they'll find it somewhere wether they steal it from their parents or get someone to buy for them.

0|1
    0|0
  • people would be getting drunk but they'd maybe do it somewhere safe instead of on the street. I don't know if more or less people would be getting drunk since a lot of people underage drink anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • More people will die of alcohol poisioning and other things related to the consumption of it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I really don't think it would make any difference. People are going to try to do bad things whether it's legal or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • People would have to take extra precaution in protecting their young.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would destroy the society because children don't now how to be responsible with alcohol.

0|2
    0|0
  • Developmental problems for the very young who decide to drink alcohol to be cool

0|1
    0|0
  • We'd be screwed as a young generation

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• there would be less teen parties being busted by the cops. get's would get hammered at a younger age and be less excited about boos by the time they were old enough to drive, meaning they would be less inclined to drive while intoxicated. Also, because a lot of alcohol has a really bitter taste to it, a lot of kids would decide that is wasn't worth drinking and that is wasn't so much a part of growing up, so more people would choose not to drink, and create a larger stigma against alcoholics.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it would change much. The vast majority of people I went to school with drank long before they turned 21. So I don't think the age limit really prevents that many teens from drinking.

0|1
    0|0
  • People would go protesting in the streets to get it back up again. And it gets implemented again and things are as they were.

0|1
    0|0
  • A lot of teenagers getting intoxicated and going to the hospital. It takes an entire generation of having alcohol before it becomes a norm and people treat it like Europeans.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally I think that if your old enough to fight and die for your country then your old enough to have a drink.

0|1
    0|0
  • Thatd there would be more kids in hospital due to alcohol poisoning.

0|1
    0|1
  • Lots of dumb kids would wind up with alcohol poisoning.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would buy more shares of Budweiser. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • In most countries we can drink but not buy.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would be better

0|1
    0|0
  • Way too many deaths due to alcohol

0|1
    0|0
  • Many more senseless deaths.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes