Eat or not after 8 PM (or late at night) ?

I saw this picture on instagram and also the people arguing in the comments about if it is good or not and if you will gain weight if you eat late at night. And I was wonder who is right. I also saw a lot of studies done on this thing and I do not know what to believe. I'm also a little worried because I ate two boiled corn cobs and I know it sounds stupid to be concerned about this especially because it happened only once and that corn is quite healthy and it doesn't have so much calories... but I want to know.Eat or not after 8 PM (or late at night) ??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Late is relative. Is 8pm late if I don't go to bed until 2am? Also, what works for your body? Everyone is different. If you eat late and it doesn't keep you awake and you don't notice any other adverse health effects... then prolly don't need to worry.

What is more concerning to me is your concern over 2 corn cobs! It sounds like you might be placing too much importance on your caloric intake. Please don't fall into a trap of disordered eating. Has your doctor instructed you to lose weight?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter as long as you are eating approximately the same amount of food as normal. Regular late-night snacking can cause people to gain weight since they're basically eating an extra meal without realizing it. But 500 calories at 9 pm is the same as 500 calories at 9 am. And remember, to really gain weight, the extra calories have to be consistent. That corn will have zero impact on your overall weight, don't worry.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Eating late is a contributor to not losing weight/gaining fat but the impacts are too small to actually make a difference in practice.

The real culprit though is that people who eat late also tend to have poorer eating habits and simply tend to eat more calories on average.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't think it matters that much when you eat because I've been eating snacks around 11 PM for a while and I'm still in shape lol

0|0
    0|0
  • the body does not shut down till death so it matters not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• The first one imho is right.. You shouldn't eat late at night if you can help it, because your going to bed and everything is sitting on your stomach. Eating at 6/7 pm you can go out and walk after

0|0
    0|0
  • It's best if you don't eat right before you go to sleep because your system won't digest the food properly. I go to bed at 4am, wouldn't change a thing if I have a full on meal at midnight.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's off an eating disorder page wtf lmfao
    Don't listen to that shit, if you're hungry eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer not to eat after a certain time, but if it happens, it happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • eat!!

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes no difference what time of day you consume calories. It's been studied.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will only gain weight if you have consumed a lot of calories during the day. If you think you have eaten a lot throughout the day, just make something light for dinner like a fruit salad

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes