Eat or not after 8 PM (or late at night) ?

I saw this picture on instagram and also the people arguing in the comments about if it is good or not and if you will gain weight if you eat late at night. And I was wonder who is right. I also saw a lot of studies done on this thing and I do not know what to believe. I'm also a little worried because I ate two boiled corn cobs and I know it sounds stupid to be concerned about this especially because it happened only once and that corn is quite healthy and it doesn't have so much calories... but I want to know.Eat or not after 8 PM (or late at night) ??

84

Most Helpful Guy

• Late is relative. Is 8pm late if I don't go to bed until 2am? Also, what works for your body? Everyone is different. If you eat late and it doesn't keep you awake and you don't notice any other adverse health effects... then prolly don't need to worry.

What is more concerning to me is your concern over 2 corn cobs! It sounds like you might be placing too much importance on your caloric intake. Please don't fall into a trap of disordered eating. Has your doctor instructed you to lose weight?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter as long as you are eating approximately the same amount of food as normal. Regular late-night snacking can cause people to gain weight since they're basically eating an extra meal without realizing it. But 500 calories at 9 pm is the same as 500 calories at 9 am. And remember, to really gain weight, the extra calories have to be consistent. That corn will have zero impact on your overall weight, don't worry.