Do you try to avoid foods with GMO's?

Foods that have been genetically modified. Is this something you watch out for when choosing what to eat?

Do you try to avoid foods with GMO's?
  • I try to avoid them as much as possible
    Vote A
  • I don't care, i just eat whatever
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG. Did you know that designer dog breeds are GMOs?

ALL that term means is "selective breeding".

If you don't want to eat GMOs, the NEVER eat bananas again. Because ALL bananas that the American populace can buy in stores today are the result of the process.

It means that particular plant, or animal product, is the result of careful long term planning, to only allow certain traits to be bred into it. That means that only plants with the larger corn cobs would be allowed to cross pollinate and produce seeds next year, resulting in bigger corn next time.

GMOs do not contain chemicals, except maybe pesticides.

Carrots weren't originally orange, corn was originally no larger than your thumb, and all bananas are now grown from a clone from the same original mother plant tree; the flavor of bananas was originally closer to that of a cooked plantain.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't give a shit because we've been genetically modifying plants for a very long time. Only care when it comes to specific products where it's not the best.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• The problem with GMOs isn't that they are genetically modified. It's that they are modified in order to withstand higher pesticide dosages which are bad for us and the environment. Not to mention GMOs are patented, and when GMO crops infect Organic crops (because seeds spread), the owners of the Organic crops lose business and can find themselves in legal trouble through no fault of their own.

0|3
    0|1
  • Having just read a study a few days ago that concluded about 30% of product labeled non GMO contains GMO and about the same amount of food labeled organic isn't actually... i really don't pay much attention to it.

0|2
    0|0
    • link to the study?

• Show All
    • i mean thats what i thought initially that even if they are labeled non GMO, i always had this feeling that some still have them.

• I can't find the article I originally was talking about but here is one that echoes similar concerns

www.cornucopia.org/2017/06/impostor-imports/

• I don't think that's 100% possible... I like eating food from my grandmother's farm best, but you can't have that all of the time, not even most of the time since it's just a tiny farm... and she makes a living out of it too...
    So no... I can't say I try to avoid GMOs, since it's getting more and more impossible to do that.

Not to mention all the hormones in the meat...
    But you gotta eat meat...

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't realllly care bc most foods I eat are non-GMO (as in the seeds were altered in a lab) (just how farming is done atm)

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope idc.. if I'm gonna get poisoned by eating noodles then so be it 🍜

0|1
    0|0
  • i eat what i find tasty :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Om nom nom

0|2
    0|0
  • i try to avoid

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not something I worry about.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Actually it has been proven that there is scientific evidence to suggest there is anything wrong with GMO food. In fact, the evidence is to the contrary. There are more nutrients and its easier and cheaper to make.

0|1
    0|0
  • Problem is the better quality is significantly more expensive. Double even maybe triple the price of reg

Im sure anyone that can afford to buy all natural Products and still be flithy rich. Ya they probably do

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't seen sufficient evidence that GMOs are inherently unhealthy, so yeah I eat them. However I do prefer to eat organic over non-organic, but I can't usually justify the price difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • If GMO foods, or foods that contain GMO products are not labeled as such, what are they hiding? If GMO foods are healthy why do GMO companies fight any attempt to have such foods labeled as GMO.

0|1
    0|0
  • Aren't seedless melons the result of genetic modifications?
    Tf? Who likes seeds in their watermelon?

0|1
    0|0
  • Believe it or not, gmo foods are not as bad as people think they are. It just depends on the modifications. They were made to help people get more balanced nutrition in third world countries.

0|1
    0|1
  • How? Suppliers aren't legally required to disclose GMOs. Something could look all natural in nature and still have GMO ingredients.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just avoid food with high sugar amounts and sweeteners

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. I eat a lot and organic stuff are really expensive.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's no avoiding them now. It's like the Turkey's at Christmas. We were packing Turkey's for the different supermarkets like Asda, Morrisons, Tesco, sainsburies and marks and Spencer's. The Marks and Spencer's Turkies were more expensive because they were "organic" but the thing was it was the exact same Turkies the other stores were getting. Organic means absolutely nothing, it's Just a way to get people to pay more and feel superior. Somewhere a long the way you will have gmo in your food, honestly I would be more worried about the pesticides and chemicals farmers use and suspect it's a major cause of cancer.

0|1
    0|0
  • TBH I don't know what that is or care

0|1
    0|0
  • yes but i still eat tons of gmos yummmmm

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah when I can

0|1
    0|0
  • GMO have a bad rep but they're fine

0|1
    0|1
  • I try to but sometimes I still eat it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes in case if there are side effects.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes