Do you try to avoid foods with GMO's?

Foods that have been genetically modified. Is this something you watch out for when choosing what to eat?

Do you try to avoid foods with GMO's?
  • I try to avoid them as much as possible
  • I don't care, i just eat whatever

1017

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG. Did you know that designer dog breeds are GMOs?

ALL that term means is "selective breeding".

If you don't want to eat GMOs, the NEVER eat bananas again. Because ALL bananas that the American populace can buy in stores today are the result of the process.

It means that particular plant, or animal product, is the result of careful long term planning, to only allow certain traits to be bred into it. That means that only plants with the larger corn cobs would be allowed to cross pollinate and produce seeds next year, resulting in bigger corn next time.

GMOs do not contain chemicals, except maybe pesticides.

Carrots weren't originally orange, corn was originally no larger than your thumb, and all bananas are now grown from a clone from the same original mother plant tree; the flavor of bananas was originally closer to that of a cooked plantain.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't give a shit because we've been genetically modifying plants for a very long time. Only care when it comes to specific products where it's not the best.