Crab meat options?

where I live, crab meat is not at easy access so it cost us a lot to get. a few years ago we found imitation crab. my question is; is imitation crab just a good as regular crab or is there a distinct taste which makes it different?
  • crab is crab
    Vote A
  • I don't like crab
    Vote B
  • real crab is better
    Vote C
  • imitation crab is better
    Vote D
  • never had imitation crab
    Vote E
  • other (comments)
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The potential problem with imitation crab is... it's not crab. It's processed fish. Cheap fish. It's going to have a different nutrient content.

Personally, I want to know that my food is fresh, and what it's made of.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think imitation crab tastes horrible. If I'm going to eat crab, I want it to be real

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Imitation is crap and only tastes good, if you know what you're doing with it. I only use it when most of the other flavors are going to mask the taste such as sushi. But if I can I prefer the real deal, the flavors better and it's easier to cook with oddly. I prefer it fresh as I can get it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Imitation crab is 90% pollock white fish with a bit of crab meat to add some flavour. Fresh crab meat is by far the best both in flavour and texture. If you can't access fresh crab easily, use canned crab, but get the lump crab and opt for Canadian or USA east coast crab vs. the stuff from China or other Asian waters. Make sure to sift through it with your fingers to ensure there no bits of shell.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Real crab is much better!! Imitation crab is just processed fish

0|0
    0|0
  • It's different but also good.

1|0
    0|0
  • Real Crab is much better!!

0|0
    0|0