Crab meat options?

where I live, crab meat is not at easy access so it cost us a lot to get. a few years ago we found imitation crab. my question is; is imitation crab just a good as regular crab or is there a distinct taste which makes it different?
  • crab is crab
  • I don't like crab
  • real crab is better
    Vote C
  • imitation crab is better
    Vote D
  • never had imitation crab
    Vote E
  • other (comments)
    Vote F

43

Most Helpful Guy

• The potential problem with imitation crab is... it's not crab. It's processed fish. Cheap fish. It's going to have a different nutrient content.

Personally, I want to know that my food is fresh, and what it's made of.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think imitation crab tastes horrible. If I'm going to eat crab, I want it to be real