How can I convince my friend who "doesn't drink" to have a drink with me (an alcoholic drink obviously)?

Ok so I have a friend whose never had alcohol and he's 24 he's not religious either. He's pretty quiet and doesn't have many friends so I thought id invite him over for a few drinks but he just flat refused and told me he "doesn't drink" and he's NEVER had any alcohol ever and it's like he thinks it's some kind of liquid evil that will ruin his life with one drop. Don't get me wrong I'm not an alcoholic but I do enjoy a quality drink! I have a rather large collection of expensive scotches. So I'd just like to show him that it can be enjoyable. Any ideas on how I can change his mind?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he's a grown man. Maybe addiction runs in his family and he doesn't wanna risk getting addicted

• Well he is technically an adult but he still lives at home, is unemployed and plays video games all day, hence why he doesn't have a lot of friends. I've known him since high school and he hasn't changed a bit. He does have some growing up to do in my opinion.

• I understand it's not for everyone but if he's never tried it how will he actually know?

• The smell could turn him off or he's known alcoholics or something. It could be anything. You can ask again but if he's adamant he doesn't wanna drink don't try to change his mind or pressure him into it

Most Helpful Guy

• You have no right to tell people what to do. It's funny how you alcohol drinkers say people have no right to tell you to not drink but you think it's ok to tell people to drink alcohol.

No means no. Also you seem like a bad friend.