Happy chicken = better chicken?

Happy chicken = better chicken?Happy chicken = better chicken?
Would you say that a chicken that lived a happier life before it was slaughter = a better chicken all around i. e. Healthier, tastier, etc?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes me happier to know that the animals I'm consuming were happier, healthier, treated well and slaughtered with respect so I'm very careful with where we purchase

1|1
    0|0
    • Sadly those "happy animals" are expensive not everyone can afford it

• @Shimy they can't, but people who can should to help take the burden of those that are mistreated. The less demand there is the less they will be produced

• Agreed

Most Helpful Guy

• Chicken is yummy, whether it's been running around being happy or whether it's been miserable, in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if eating a happy chicken was healthier, but i don't know any studies to that effect.

I avoid meat that isn't treated well, because i think it's morally obligatory to treat others how you wish to be treated.

that means:
    I accept that I'm food for other life.
    I'm responsible to do my best to ensure that the chicken i eat has a pretty decent life - preferably better than it would have in the wild.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• I don't know, the costco rotisserie chickens are dann good but they treat them like hell... so I don't buy them anymore... I'm sure there are ways to raise them that makes them or their eggs better, but happy isn't the key...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, the best chicken I ever ate was what they call a "bicycle chicken". Basically the chickens are allowed to roam in the meadows instead of being trapped in cages. There's less meat because they're not as fat as "regular chickens" but DAMN It's good

0|1
    0|0
  • I like chicken on my plate. Chicken is my life, I'm alive when they are dead. Chickens I feel sad, but we can't help it, u gotta become our poop one day.

0|1
    1|1
  • Chicken is chicken. It's going to take the same either way.

0|1
    0|0
  • No It probably just makes you feel less guilty about eating the chicken

1|1
    0|0
  • Killing is killing. I dont think there is any "kinder" way to slaughter.

0|1
    0|0
    • nah. I've almost died of oxygen deprivation. it's ok. to be clear, I'm not talking about suffocation, but asphyxiation.

• I dont think so. Those chicken only have a life span of 50 days I think

0|1
    0|0
  • I always buy the roam free chicken, because I know they had a better life and not was abuse.

0|1
    0|0
  • You make me want to be a vegetarian

1|1
    0|0
  • Chicken nuggets=Better chicken

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• I will say that home raised eggs are on the order of 10 times better than anything you'll buy in a supermarket. More than anything it comes down to the way they're rasied and the quality of food they're given.

0|2
    0|0
  • Quite possible. Happiness makes for better health after all.

0|2
    0|0
  • If happy chicken = better chicken
    Then Roscoe's chicken = best chicken

0|1
    0|0
  • The best ones are the ones who roam free and are not in a cage

0|1
    0|0
  • Put yourself in that chickens place and you will have your answer.

0|1
    0|0
  • Healthier, not necessarily tastier. I've never tasted a difference with free range chicken.

0|1
    0|0
    • Watching Food, Inc. was an eye opening experience with the chickens who could barely walk.

• If you ever shot and ate a wild prairie chicken you would now it's true

0|1
    0|0
  • who cares it should be dead already!!

0|1
    0|0
  • That is the chef problem, don't blame the chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably

0|1
    0|0
  • but how do you know if the chicken is happy?

0|1
    0|0
  • Chicken

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes