Happy chicken = better chicken?

Happy chicken = better chicken?Happy chicken = better chicken?
Would you say that a chicken that lived a happier life before it was slaughter = a better chicken all around i. e. Healthier, tastier, etc?

1114

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes me happier to know that the animals I'm consuming were happier, healthier, treated well and slaughtered with respect so I'm very careful with where we purchase

• Sadly those "happy animals" are expensive not everyone can afford it

• @Shimy they can't, but people who can should to help take the burden of those that are mistreated. The less demand there is the less they will be produced

• Agreed

Most Helpful Guy

• Chicken is yummy, whether it's been running around being happy or whether it's been miserable, in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if eating a happy chicken was healthier, but i don't know any studies to that effect.

I avoid meat that isn't treated well, because i think it's morally obligatory to treat others how you wish to be treated.

that means:
    I accept that I'm food for other life.
    I'm responsible to do my best to ensure that the chicken i eat has a pretty decent life - preferably better than it would have in the wild.