People who drink Alcohol: Why don't you care about your health?

Alcohol causes liver failure, kidney disease, numerous types of cancer, bad for the heart, I could go on and on about the side effects of alcohol.

So tell me why you show little to no regard for your health. You can preach to me about how moderation is good and that you drink alcohol "occasionally" or "moderately" and tell me the typical "studies have shown hurr durr" response. None of it is true.

I get it, you think living a clean sober life is "boring and lame" and you can't "relax and have a good time" without alcohol even though thats just a placebo effect and that there are so many ways on this planet of 7.5 Billion people to "relax and have a good time".

And I also understand that you have been misguided and taught by your peers that not drinking alcohol is immature and that you only become a "real" man or woman by drinking alcohol and that drinking alcohol makes you "look mature".

67

Most Helpful Girl

• So I take it you never eat sweets, fried food, and processed food? You never indulge in a treat and you take care of your body 100% the way you're supposed to?

• There is a difference between having sweets and ingesting a mind altering substance.

• How so? Sweets aren't good for your body. Chocolate causes your body to produce dopamine and other happy endorphins, which is a bit of a drug effect. Often, sweets are addictive for that reason.

• Yes but no one eat sweets excessively it's just a treat.

Alcohol is far worse than sweets. Alcohol is also addictive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Doing a lot of things is bad. But poorly phasing an attack as a question is just despicable. A neutral way to phrase this would be as follows.

" People who drink Alcohol: Why do you continue to drink considering it's negative health effects?

Alcohol causes liver failure, kidney disease, numerous types of cancer, bad for the heart, there are multitudes of research that implies a bottomless well of negative side effects.

I'd love to know why you still drink with these facts apparent. Though I would appreciate if we just glazed over arguments based in "moderate" and "occasional drinking". It would be helpful to cite any studies you reference. (Here you went on to blatantly show tons of bias, so I just kid of left it out.)"

And to answer your question. I drink without letting that bother me. And according to your original """question""" there is no way to defend my position. So I'll just say this. I don't care about my life. Staying alive isn't my primary goal in life, who cares if I'm not all they when it comes back to affect me later in life. I'm not going to be the totally vivid and same oldie in the deathbed thinking over all the risks I didn't take. I'm going to be the guy who probably died 50 seconds after what will be recognized as the "the best selfie ever". And that's OK with me.

• If people can be attacked for not drinking alcohol being called losers, pussies etc then I have every right to retaliate.

• If police brutality is happening All Over America then I have the right to go and shoot at cops? Because that follows the same school of logic.

• Im not saying what I am doing is right. But because you people refuse to stop calling non drinkers losers and you want to stigmatise sobriety as this bad and boring thing. You want to convince people that being sober is bad, uncool, unhealthy and boring.

No one says "omagerd being sober is cool" no one says "omagerd you can have fun without drugs or alcohol".