Do you think its wrong my mom isn't coming out to watch me run my marathon?

She came to my first one last year and I can tell she hated it and kinda made it about her honestly. I'm doing another one this year in Chicago (we are from Philly) and she isn't coming! She knows how much support means to me and how nervous I am and how much I'll need people to lean on and hug when I cross the line. I don't know... no one else is planning on coming either so I was hoping my mom of all people would show up.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• You wanted your mom to come out several states over for a marathon? So you can have the support when you should be signing up for you? I mean I get, parents should be there for you, support you, but after she was already ticked off the first time, you want her to then fly out or drive hours to get to another one?

I think this is your panic talking, your fear or your anxiety, you already knew there was a high chance she wouldn't want to come again but you're showing surprise and dissappontment still, probably out of worry that it's just you