Do you think its wrong my mom isn't coming out to watch me run my marathon?

She came to my first one last year and I can tell she hated it and kinda made it about her honestly. I'm doing another one this year in Chicago (we are from Philly) and she isn't coming! She knows how much support means to me and how nervous I am and how much I'll need people to lean on and hug when I cross the line. I don't know... no one else is planning on coming either so I was hoping my mom of all people would show up.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You wanted your mom to come out several states over for a marathon? So you can have the support when you should be signing up for you? I mean I get, parents should be there for you, support you, but after she was already ticked off the first time, you want her to then fly out or drive hours to get to another one?

I think this is your panic talking, your fear or your anxiety, you already knew there was a high chance she wouldn't want to come again but you're showing surprise and dissappontment still, probably out of worry that it's just you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• seems like a marathon is the ultimate test of support. they can't really watch anything and the only part they play is after you cross the line. I think if she felt you NÉEDED that hug she would be there maybe she sees you as stronger than that or maybe she doesn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • How old is your mom? Age, weather are the biggest contributes in my dad not coming to baseball games I was in. Now I don't do no thing when its cold out.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're a chick. Exercise that privilege and just grab a stranger.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she should come with you if she can. Good luck at your marathon :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes