What are good appetizer and main dish recipes or ideas for a birthday party?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the age range, but I don't think you can go wrong with a charcuterie platter of various cured meats & cheeses with a selection of crackers. Then something fun like pizza as the main dish, unless you're going more formal then the same appetizer works but you might want to make a prime rib roast beef dinner.

1|0
    0|0
  • As an Asian I've had chips and guacamole or dips, shrimp bowls, crackers with cheese and bologna for appetizers. But for the main dish we'd have a lot of different stuff like spaghetti, pancit (noodles), rice, lumpia (egg rolls). Even for just birthdays or any party we always prep food like this, with a lot of quantities and different variety, expenses weren't a problem most of the time for the type of dishes we made, there was a lot of meat and a whole cooked pig. But for a more western type of party if it's not too formal then the same appetizers should be good, and then you can just serve burgers, hotdogs, pasta, corn, fries, potato salad, or maybe wings and ribs would be good.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• What kind of party will it be? Sit down or cocktail?
    I've been using this kind of appetiser/finger food for the last year or two... it has so much variety and makes the table look really nice.
    For mains we usually do a barbecue or a roast meat slow cooked and thinly sliced to make baguettes with cheese and salad as you can make big amounts with little effort

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes