What is the appeal of pineapple on pizza?

For those who love this: What does it taste like and why do you like it?

1117

What Guys Said 16

• It works well with ham as a contrast to the salt. I mean, sweet and sour is a thing so why not sweet and salt?

• It just provides that extra tinge of sweetness or taste when you have meat, cheese, and tomato sauce to compete with. It could be a really good contrast. Though, I've seen oreos put on pizza before, and that's just gross in my opinion.

• why do people find it weird that food changes burgers originaly were made of fish and came from hamburg. it just goes well with every thing else and brings sweetness in your mouth

• Have no idea. I think it's a hawaiian thing. I don't care for it.

• Because pineapple is the best fruit and if you dont believe me you are obviously a synth and i bet you dont put the toothpaste cap back on

• the taste of pineapple is kinda like what bacon does for most. just makes anything better

• I like the sweetness that goes well with the salty flavor of pepperoni

• The sweetness of pineapple on a tangy little sour of tamotoe sauce is pretty good.

• There is no appeal.

• Pineapple on pizza is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

• It taste amazing :) How could people not like it?

• Not for me tbh

• it is amazing

• beats me

• Its called Hawaiian pizza and its good

• mmmmmmm ham and pineapple yummy yummy yummy

What Girls Said 11

• My boyfriend and I do pineapple and Italian sausage on pizza. It adds a sweetness to counteract the spice of the sausage. I would imagine people do ham and pineapple because of the sweet and salty combination. I don't know anyone who does just pineapple on their pizza though.

• Tastes good to me but I can understand why it doesn't appeal to others. I think it's mainly because I'm rarely picky and pretty open to trying new things, I've grown up eating pineapple on pizza so I think that could be a factor.

• The same as any combination of sweet and savoury, sweet snd hot; it cuts through the single flavour palette.

• I dont think they actually like it. I think they do it just to rebel against good food.

• Pineapple on a pizza is an abomination, I know tons of people like it but I don't

• I was like you once, hated it. But once I tried, I never went back.

• Love it

• Nothing, it's an abomination.

• Some men just want to watch the world burn

• The pineapple gives the pizza a different taste

• it adds a little sweetness to the pizza