Do pineapples belong in fried rice?

Ok, I'm tired of the standard pineapple pizza question. We've already decided that is an abomination.

So, are you for pineapples in fried rice? As in pineapple fried rice?
Me, I love a nice pineapple fried rice. But, I always pick out the pineapples and eat them first.

Do pineapples belong in fried rice?
  • Hells yeah!!
    Vote A
  • No, pineapple does not belong in fried rice... that is totally... an abuse of rice and pineapple
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I've never been more disappointed in the gag collective than I am right now. I almost wanna cry with all the pineapple fried rice hate going on here.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Accidentally clicked no! Its probably is good sweet and savory kinda way! And I imagined the pineapple is browned which brings out the sweetness even more, which is probably why you eat them first!
    I've never had it but I've had Chinese food with pineapple in it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• :)) I hate pineapple on pizza too, but it's cool in fried rice. I don't particularly like chewing on the pineapple chunks themselves, but I like the taste that it gives to the rice.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I dont' think most of GaG realise how deliciously sweet and moorish pineapple fried rice actually is lol.

2|0
    0|0
    • I'm actually surprised at this... I thought for sure people would "get" this... guess not... learn something new every day

• I'm not a fan of fruit in savory dishes. I get very upset when I find apples or raisins in y Thanksgiving stuffing

1|0
    0|0
    • I generally agree but I make an exception for cranberry stuffing and pineapple fried rice... but I hate raisins

• Always thought it's a good combination, the pineapple and the subtle saltiness when you cook fried rice with it really amplifies the sweetness and subtle sourness of the dish.

1|0
    0|0
  • No pineapple is not savory and they do not belong in fried rice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had it before it tastes pretty good. I like to try something different.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've honestly never had it, I've had pineapples on pizza though and I like it so I'd probably like fried rice and pineapple as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • No no no
    This is wrong on all sides. Pineapples and fried rice are like the sun and the moon
    Just don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • sounds delicious but then again im not a picky eater

1|0
    0|0
  • I've not tried this, but it doesn't sound appealing to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • No , just... absolutely eeewww !

1|0
    0|0
    • Wth is wrong with you people? I figured this was a slam dunk... have you guys not ever tried Thai pineapple fried rice? Awesome!

• I did try it but just didn't sit well. When I was younger I ate pineapple like it was going out of fashion , now I practically hate it.
      Sorry I couldn't answer you more positively ! lol

• No..

1|0
    0|0
  • never saw that , but will like to taste it

1|0
    0|0
  • It's delicious

1|0
    0|0
  • Pineapples belong in my mouth.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd take pineapple in about anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • wrong on so many levels

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope..

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't aware about this really sorry

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Pineapples in fried rice?

Ok now where even on that gross ingredient subject earlier

1|1
    0|0
    • I figured you of all people would totally get this.

• Show All
    • I bet, I've had to go back and edit out milky at least 5 or 6 times... and I keep thinking... ohh, that'll be fucking embarrassing if I let that get out... so, I wanted to give you a warning before hand just in case I do lol

• LMFAOOO

It would've been a very interesting conversation.. nevertheless

• Pineapple fried rice is absolutely amazing. When my friend first told me to try it years ago I wasn't tou sure but I am so glad I did.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pineapple should not belong in fried rice or pizza. I am disgusted

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think pineapple should be cooked at all :o

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't know... pineapple upside down cake... I've had one or two of these I'd kill for

But yeah warm pimeapple is kind not get appealing much for sure

• That's always too saccharine for me. But like *fresh* pineapple is so delicious!

• Heck no not in fried rice

1|0
    0|0
  • Pineapple doesn't belong anywhere but the trash

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck Yes!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I would give it a try.

1|0
    0|0
  • gross

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think my taste buds would tolerate that.

1|0
    0|0
  • if it tastes good then it fits there

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes