How much alcohol can you handle?

I just drank some vodka.. Not much I'll admit.. And I'm really not a drinker at all. This is the most alcohol I've ever had before though. I'm obviously completely sober as you can probably already tell. It was an interesting experience, though, to say the least. I basically just spontaneously decided to fix myself a little somethin' somethin'. Tasted nasty but I drank most of it. I probably had around a half a cup of the vodka. Again, not much at all, but it's still enough to feel it. I kinda wish I got somewhat drunk.. Guess that means I'm tolerant somewhat? Since there's some people who literally can't even have the smallest amount of alcohol. I went for vodka since it's just what was available. I'm more of a red wine kinda girl- not that I've had much.. But it certainly tastes much better to me. Oddly enough my mind feels pretty damn clear.. Maybe I'm one of those people who get smarter after drinking 😏👌🏼 Lol I doubt it but ey whatevs. So I'm curious as to how much alcohol the typical person can handle. Also, if you don't drink at all then this question is obviously not for you so don't answer because I don't care quite frankly 👌🏼
Updates:
Lmao I just reread the description for this and like that last sentence I got so sassy 😂 Also thanks for all the opinions thus far fam!

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls i have known got pretty drunk after 2-3 glasses of hard liquor their first time.
    Most guys after 3-4.
    The first time i drank hard liquor it was vodka as well and i had 5 glasses and i got pretty hammered. But i had already been drinking beer for a while by then, so that may have upped my tolerance a little.

Either way, getting drunk depends on your tolerance, as well as bodymass. Bigger people usually have a higher tolerance than small people, which makes sense because they need more alcohol to reach all parts of their body.
    Also guys in general are a little bit more tolerant than girls (but that may be due to the body mass thing)

Anyway you should try 2 glasses. That may be fun. Altough i have known a guy who was wasted to shits after 1 single glass, so its good you took ot slow. But since you're completely ok, you could handle 1 or 2 for sure.

1|0
    0|0
    • That kinda sucks.. Since I really hated the taste 😂😂 so to get drunk, in theory, I'd have to drink more 💀

• Show All
    • Yeah, im lucky in that regard. But then i again i didn't do it for long enough to get any serious side effects..

• Gotcha gotcha

Most Helpful Girl

• The way you're rambling sounds like you are obviously somewhat affected by the alcohol...

I can handle a fair bit, probs 4-5 drinks before I start feeling the effects. Vodka makes me vomit, and red wine gives me a hangover. Moscato is the bomb.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nah it's just how I talk in person 😂 Don't believe me you can check out any of my questions Lmaoo.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Quite frankly, I don't see the point in drinking. It damages your liver, and only causes problems. And no, it doesn't make you smarter. Sure, it may soothe ailments temporarily, but the long term effects aren't worth it.

My ex actually got raped at a party because she couldn't handle her liquor. Bragging about liquor consumption just shows me how careless and stupid someone is.

1|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't say that it's "bragging" as I agree with you on alcohol not being anything all that great, and I typically don't like alcohol at all actually. I was just curious about myself and others from a more.. Scientific? Perspective somewhat. I was curious about how much some can handle and can't etc. it's interesting to me.. Hence why I asked this questionx

• Show All
    • @Blonde401 Agreed entirely 👌🏼

• I can drink heaps !
    Mind you the last time I went drinking I was the one ended up in shitsville.
    Some of my friend's where couldn't believe it. " You usually drink us under the table. " was one quip... well that night * fart sound*

1|0
    0|1
  • Alcohol in smaller amounts, regardless of the drinker's tolerance, won't affect their judgement. That's the real problem with drinking. The person will feel it's affects, and like you said it can relax and compose the drinker in small volume, but it won't alter their behaviour negatively. When drinking to excess, deliberately to 'get drunk', is when the shit hits the fan. If you're able to do so ridiculously excessive consumption can result in death. But in small amounts it's harmless

1|0
    0|0
  • My dad and uncle tried getting me drunk on my 18th birthday. Had several varieties of beer, a large daiquiri, some whiskey, and half a bottle of brandy.

I'm sure I was legally drunk, but I didn't notice anything outside of some facial redness and slight ataxia.

I only drink maybe once a year since then, even then I don't drink much at all... I prefer to keep my liver function good, thank you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm just home, chilling out, I usually have one beer or one vodka and orange juice. Possibly two, but that's it. I used to drink like a fish but I'm a truck driver now, and I can't drive hung over. I don't miss being hung over anyways

0|0
    0|0
    • I also find that Newfies, and Easterners in general, can handle their alcohol far better than most.

• Oh huh.. Superior genetics maybe? 😎 I'm north eastern based I suppose.. But again.. I have yet to drink a lot of anything.. All I know for certain is that I'm not an extreme lightweight lmao

• I can probably have 6-8 beers before I start feeling it or 3-5 mixed drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • define handle? til i pass out easily 2 bottles of gin. till im drunk about 9 bottles of beer in 1 hour, till im tipsy? about 4 bottes of lager. til i die? sorry but i haven't tried that YET

0|0
    0|1
  • Drank a litre bottle of vodka for season 3 ep 2 of rick and morty when it came out. I was shit faced but not as bad as I thought I would've been.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh damn lol sounds like you had quite the time then lol

• I feel buzzed at 3 drinks within an hour. I don't want to test beyond that though.

0|0
    0|0
  • a lot. I can drink a lot of hard alcohol. Get drunk, then 10 minutes later be sober

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah you drink too much dude 😂 You need to chill on that liver Oml

• I don't drink alcohol but if i did it would be my first time.

0|0
    0|0
  • man im tarrable i can be drunk off 2 beers i dont relly drink so 😨😨😨

0|0
    0|0
  • Lightweight. :/

0|0
    0|1
  • I m not drinker

0|0
    1|0
  • Don't like it none lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't drink

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 bottle beer

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I work in a bar and actually drink very little. I can knock quite a lot back though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can feel it after 2 and I start projectile vomiting after 8 so I guess my limit is around 5-6, haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in the Navy and used to be able to drink people under the table. Those days have passed so two to three Margaritas is my limit now.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea, I hate the taste of alcohol so I never really drink it. I think I wouldn't be able to handle a lot.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I don't really enjoy the taste all that much 😖 But some red wines are okay

• i have freinds that take like 22 shots In an hour. i barely drink

0|0
    0|0
  • None. I don't drink alcohol.

0|0
    0|0
  • None, I am le fetus

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably 5 shots will good with me

0|0
    0|0