Which is the best alcoholic drink to mix with cola?

Would it be rum, vodka, whiskey? And how do I choose the brands? Is there any difference between them? I'm not familar with alcoholic drinks.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Rum is the classic, Whiskey is another, but Vodka would be disgusting. Vodka goes with Fresca.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• former bartender here, cola goes best with sweet alchohols, especially ones that have been aged in casks. bourbon, tenesee whiskey, rye and Canadian whiskey, spiced and light rum, brandy, cognac. Vodka works, but it'll taste "boozy" because vodka doesn't have any additional flavors added by the casking process that will work with the flavors in the cola. However, according to the rules i laid out, you'd think tequila would work. It doesn't. Tequila really needs some high powered glucose to overcome the astringent taste of agave, so fruit juices. Dark rum doesn't work very well either, can't really explain that one, din't know enough about how its made. Cola wise, the more flavor beyond sugar the better. Coca cola is probably the best, because it has hints of vanilla, brown sugar, molasses and an oakiness to it that pairs well with the flavirs imparted by the cask. Sweeter alchohol can handle sweeter colas, brandy and dr. pepper or root beer go well. generic sidas are mostly just sugar and are best avoided. pepsi seens a piir substitute for coke because its flavor profile isn't as complicated or robust. Lots of people who like the taste of an alchohol will mux it with sprite ir ginger ale, which adds some sweetness and gives the drink a clean finish without changing the flavir if the alchohol much. Mostly you see this done with whiskey and gin, because they have such mild alchohol flavor to them. Gin works best with sidas that match it's intense pine flavor with something equally as sharply flavored, ginger ale or quinine tonic.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• Rum lol

0|0
    0|0
    • But what the brands, does this matter?

• Show All
    • Ok, but why is it that some alcohol let say vodka with different brands have difference prices? Is it the taste or what?

• Sure. Branding. Some brands just charge more. And I think some taste way better

For example vodka. Grey goose vodka is amazing compare acheaper one. It's worth the extra cost
      Also aged whiskey is more expensive but tastes much better. Macallen aged for 20 years goes for 200$ maybe

So ya i do think if you pay more with alcohol most often you'll get something better

• I like Wild Turkey

0|0
    0|0
  • red wine, j├Ągermaister or something simmilar

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes