Home made biscuits vs the canned stuff?

Southern ladies, chime in please 😂🍑😅

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Homade will always beat store bought. Baking powder biscuits are amazing, but buttermilk ones with fresh butter brushed on right out of the oven is about is about as good as it gets. As far a gravy goes its all about the roux and the fat that is used to make the base. If the roux is too dark the flavor becomes a bit heavy and almost burnt tasting for most. Lighter gravy has a softer texture and the "bite" comes from added spices not the roux itself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Homemade, and preferably made by a lady who is over 60 years old :)