You must use a coaster, or no, it's fine?

You must use a coaster, or no, it's fine?
I recently threw a dinner party where guests all converged in the living room where I had preemptively laid out coasters for all their glasses. Everyone used a coaster as the hint was none to subtle that I don't like drink rings on my nice table, but one person just set her glass down. Sitting next to her, I just sort of automatically moved her glass to a coaster and she gave me this dirty look and a sarcastic...sorry. Respect the coaster man! Respect.

Are you a coaster person or nah?
  • You must use a coaster
    Vote A
  • No, it's totally fine, just stick your glass on the wood
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Good for you! Your guest is a boor -- probably brought in a home where they didn't bother with refinements like coasters.

1|0
    0|0
    • I literally feel like she was raised by wolves! The above were not my coasters, but mine were pretty obvious in their coloring against the wood table, so this wasn't just an honest mistake where maybe she didn't see that there were coasters available! Ahhhh!

Most Helpful Girl

• it is fine

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Depend on what the furnitue is made out of. My coffee table is mahogany, I don't use coasters on it because liquid doesn't mark it.

0|0
    0|0
  • made my own particle boards so I wouldn't give a damn.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not using it is barbarism.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes