You must use a coaster, or no, it's fine?

I recently threw a dinner party where guests all converged in the living room where I had preemptively laid out coasters for all their glasses. Everyone used a coaster as the hint was none to subtle that I don't like drink rings on my nice table, but one person just set her glass down. Sitting next to her, I just sort of automatically moved her glass to a coaster and she gave me this dirty look and a sarcastic...sorry. Respect the coaster man! Respect.

Are you a coaster person or nah?
  • You must use a coaster
  • No, it's totally fine, just stick your glass on the wood

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Good for you! Your guest is a boor -- probably brought in a home where they didn't bother with refinements like coasters.

• I literally feel like she was raised by wolves! The above were not my coasters, but mine were pretty obvious in their coloring against the wood table, so this wasn't just an honest mistake where maybe she didn't see that there were coasters available! Ahhhh!

Most Helpful Girl

• it is fine