Do you like tomatoes?

I love tomatoes, I think they work well with almost everything. I also drink tomato juice very regularly.Do you like tomatoes??
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • No.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I love fresh homegrown tomatoes with salt. Not a fan of ketchup or tomato juice but I do like tomato soup.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• Tomato is considered both, a fruit and vegetable and forms an integral part of cuisines all across the globe, especially in the Mediterranean region. Daily consumption of tomatoes provides a great boost to health, along with improving the flavor of food. You find them in countless different foods, including pastas, pizzas, ketchup, various beverages, and as an included flavor element in dishes from breakfast to dinner. They are relatively easy to cultivate and grow very quickly, making them a quickly replaceable food source, which is a big reason why it is a staple food for many nations.

The scientific name of tomatoes is Solanum lycopersicum, and it is believed to be native to Mexico. However, the Spanish colonization of America and Central America caused tomato cultivation to spread. It is an annual nightshade plant, and grows in clusters of small to moderately sized, round red fruits. They have soft, pinkish red flesh and a number of seeds, as well as a slightly sweet taste. They are considered both vegetables and fruits, and they typically weigh approximately 4 ounces.

Nowadays, tomatoes are grown in countries all around the world, and there are thousands of different cultivars and varieties that can provide you with unique health benefits. Let’s explore a few of the reasons why they are such a valuable food item for human health.

Tomatoes Nutrition Facts
    The many health benefits of tomatoes can be attributed to their wealth of nutrients and vitamins, including an impressive amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K, as well as significant amounts of vitamin B6, folate, and thiamin. They are also a good source of potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, and copper. They also have dietary fiber and protein, as well as a number of organic compounds like lycopene that also contribute to the overall health benefits that tomatoes can confer to our health!

www.organicfacts.net/.../Organictomato1.jpg

Health Benefits Of Tomatoes
    The health benefits of tomatoes have been known to mankind since ancient times. They are rich sources of antioxidants that have been proven to be effective against many forms of cancer. Some of the other health benefits of tomatoes are as follows:

1|0
    0|0
    • Antioxidant Agent
      Tomato contains a large amount of lycopene, an antioxidant that is highly effective in scavenging cancer causing free radicals. This benefit can even be obtained from heat-processed tomato products like ketchup. The lycopene in tomatoes defends against cancer and has been shown to be particularly effective in fighting prostate cancer, cervical cancer, cancer of the stomach and rectum as well as pharynx and esophageal cancers. It also protects against breast cancer and cancer of the mouth, according to studies published by the Harvard School of Public Health.

Rich Source of Vitamins and Minerals
      A single tomato can provide about 40% of the daily vitamin C requirement. Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant which prevents against cancer-causing free radicals from damaging the body’s systems. It also contains abundant vitamin A and potassium, as well as iron. Potassium plays a vital role in maintaining nerve health and iron is essential for maintaining normal blood health.

• Show All
    • understood, it makes you unique. :)

• @Sensei2017

Thanks. 😊

• Worked in a greenhouse growing them and we used to eat them like apple's with just salt haha so yes they are good

2|1
    0|0
  • no never get tomatoes on my sandwiches or do I drink tomato juice

1|0
    0|0
  • I love them on sandwiches with black pepper directly on them. Best with bacon and lettuce and mayo on lightly toasted bread.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, well kinda. I like them grinded up on pizza, but not like parts.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them as ketchup, pizza sauce, and spaghetti sauce.

1|0
    0|0
  • i like tomatoes in other foods (soup, ketchup, pasta sauce, ..) but i can't stand them by themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • Tomatoes

0|0
    0|0
  • They tear my stomach apart unfortunately, tomatoes are delicious

1|0
    0|0
  • I avoid high intake of tomato's as they contains oxalate, that may cause kidney stones.

I love tomatoes. I do use them regularly in curries but less.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them to a extent like I like them on sandwiches but can't eat them by them self

0|0
    0|0
  • They are alright. But I dont drink Tomato juice on the reg lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate them with passion ;(

1|0
    0|0
  • The answer's yes, if ketchup counts.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry Noo😰

1|1
    0|0
  • I love tomato sandwiches!

2|0
    0|0
  • Neutral

1|0
    0|0
  • they are ok

1|1
    0|0
  • Can't stand them

1|0
    0|0
  • I go into convulsions trying to eat tomatoes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone does.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I like them

1|0
    0|0
  • yes ı lıke

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they’re good

1|0
    0|0
  • Raw tomatoes no but tomato sauce yes

1|0
    0|0
  • can not eat them

1|0
    0|0
  • The small variety, but not the larger ones as much

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure do , even fried green tomatoes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't use 🍅 juice daily

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22

• Yes! I'm trying to grow them but I'm a horrible green thumb 😕

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. If I buy grape tomatoes they're gone in like a day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my cherry tomatoes on my salad and stir fries. <3 so sweet with avocados and spinach yummmm

1|0
    0|0
  • You simply cannot beat a good old fashion Cheese & Tomato sandwich.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I am still not used to the taste when eating it raw.
    Otherwise, tomato is good.

1|0
    0|0
  • Raw tomatoes I can eat all day but I can only eat tomato sauce on certain things

1|0
    0|0
  • Ripe as a Raisin. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Not as much as you do, but yes, I like them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but not much.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love tomatoes :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I do but I can't have them

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes just eat them for breakfast

1|0
    0|0
  • Tomatoes are great, especially cherry tomatoes.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i like it

1|0
    0|0
  • No not really.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes love em fresh out of my garden.

1|0
    0|0
  • i adore tomatoes!😄😄😄

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes on tomatoes, no on tomato juice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love them :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I like potatoes

0|0
    0|0
  • I do, but I find tomato juice disgusting and can't force myself to drink it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes