Have you/Would you, eat a raw shrimp dish at a restaurant?

There is a restaurant at the golf course in my city, that was recently renovated. It is now a Mexican seafood restaurant! Yummy fishy deliciousness. :-D

One of the appetizer dishes on the menu is "Shrimp Aguachiles", which is raw shrimp, marinated in a avocado, jalapeno, and chile sauce, garnished with red onion and diced jalapenos.

It looks something like this (not the actual restaurant picture but real similar):

Have you/Would you, eat a raw shrimp dish at a restaurant?

Would you order/eat this dish? Vote and share your opinion about why you voted the way you did!

• looks uber delish, i'd order and eat that for sure! Nom nom nom!
    Vote A
  • ah what the hell, i'm with that YOLO life and i'll order it once out of curiosity
    Vote B
  • I wouldn't order it myself, but i'd taste it if someone else ordered it for the table
    Vote C
  • Damnit! I'd order and eat that dish it if the shrimp were cooked, but that raw shrimp makes me nervous
    Vote D
  • If the shrimp were cooked instead of raw, I still wouldn't ordered it myself, but i'd taste it
    Vote E
  • Raw or cooked, although I like shrimp, I will pass on this dish completely
    Vote F
  • I don't like/eat shrimp
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I would give the dish a try. Much like ceviche and the fact that it is a Mexican dish I'm sure something the chili sauce or likely lime juice would be part of the makings which cooks the meats.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If they handled it with the same care they would regular sushi then I'd trust it. But if the place is a little dodgy then maybe not.

0|1
    0|0
    • This is a decently upscale-y restaurant, so I'd trust it

• Yeah I'd say I might try it then, it sounds kinda good

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• If prepared right and if there's acid in that chile sauce to kill off all the parasites from the shrimp, I'd go for it. I'm such a foodie!

0|0
    0|0
  • id eat it without the red onions or jalapenos. I've eaten something similar at a thai restaurant. Which was a platter of butterflied raw shrimp with fish sauce and red chilis.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure how I feel about eating raw shrimp, but I'm an adventurous eater. I would try it once to say I did.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never had raw shrimp but I would try this if someone else ordered it

0|0
    0|0
  • Never eaten raw shrimp, but I eat sushi so I might as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've eaten ceviche... which is a raw fish dish... or can be raw shrimp too but yeah of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just mentioned everything I hate. But yeah, raw shrimp is tastyyyyyy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Raw or cooked, although I like shrimp, I will pass on this dish completely

0|0
    0|0
  • As a vegetarian, of course not. Even before I was a vegetarian, I wouldn't eat that mess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too used to well-cooked meat and fish. Bengali cuisine doesn't believe in raw dishes!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't order it myself, but i'd taste it if someone else ordered it for the table

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even eat shrimp when it's cooked but I'm sure if it is prepared properly it is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • i try to avoid raw shrimp but the avocado, jalepenos and chili sauce sounds good

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't eat raw shrimp, personally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't eat shrimp

0|0
    0|0
  • No sir, not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried shrimp before, and it tasted really gross

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I love sushi, so if I trusted the establishment I'd order it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Not unless I had a death wish. I'm Allergic. 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i have eaten a raw shrimp dish before.
    It was like a salad type dish with raw shrimp and some dipping sauce

0|0
    0|0
  • never found a seafood dish i didn't like but even I wouldn't eat that

0|0
    0|0
  • Shrimp and Tuna are the only two seafood I enjoy so I'll try it out if I have the chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a zero tolerance policy for all seafood.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd try it if it's edible and won't harm me

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing raw enters this belly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a big fan of shrimp

0|0
    0|0
  • its fucking RAW!