Have you or would you try durian?

Durian is a fruit that when cracked open reveals a group of inner lobes containing the edible portions of the fruit. Breaking open the yellow lobes reveals the creamy goodness inside.

It has a yogurt like consistency and has a creamy texture and a vanilla like flavor and smells equally nice.
Have you or would you try durian?

• Hell yeah, I've tried that and its great!
    Vote A
  • Haven't tried it but it sounds fantastic so I'd give it a go
    Vote B
  • Doesn't really sound like my thing
    Vote C
  • -___-
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
The death spikes are just proof of its creamy deliciousness and pleasant smell. Something that good has to protect itself.
For those of you that haven't tried it, run down to the Asian market. Pick one up and give your review!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You have the most fascinating takes on food. First, you had that question about uni where you described it as a "mild" flavor. Uni is not mild and in my opinion, tastes like something that is more of a chemical (like a cleaner) than a food item. It's best eaten when mixed with lots and lots of butter then tossed with pasta as the butter heavily mutes its flavor.

Now, you post about durian. A vanilla-like flavor with a pleasant smell? What on Earth are you talking about? Durian doesn't taste that bad -- to me, it tastes like very, very sweet onions, but that's definitely not vanilla. However that smell... while it's not as bad as people say it is (most say it smells like rotting garbage), I actually would say it smells like the stuff that they put in natural gas so that you can detect when there is a gas leak (natural gas is actually odorless so the scent that you smell when you're trying to light your gas stove is actually an additive).

0|0
    0|1
    • Just so you know... the uni flavor description I used was pulled from a site dedicated to promoting sushi. The durian description is my own... loosely defined... description... personally I hate being in the same area with the stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• It smells like ass but it tastes like a relish-y custard kind of thing.
    I really liked it once I got past the smell

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol if any Asian markets in aus carried them they wouldn't be any good anyway. The quality we get compared to getting it fresh in Thailand changes the experience.
      Have you tried jackfruit?

• Yeah... hate em. myself. those are common around where

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I've been told it tastes nice, but I can't get near that stuff, tbh - the smell is so revolting (to me) that it just doesn't work.

The only other thing that people eat that I can think of that I feel that way about is bean curd in Hong Kong - the stench of that stuff is overpowering.

1|0
    0|0
  • it smells nice? I dont ever remember it smelling nice.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Breaking open the yellow lobes..." Um, do you not see the spikes of death? 🀣. I would be crying and my fingers bleeding while I eat the fruit lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Smells equally nice? I'll pass. Smell and taste are too interconnected.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah once in 2015 when I gone to Sri Lanka for vaccation

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather smell roadkill

1|1
    0|0
  • Heard it smells like shit. I want some.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd give it a try

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll try almost anything once, at least...

0|0
    0|0
  • Worth trying

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I LOVE trying new foods! That being said, I would DEFINITELY give this a shot

0|0
    0|0
  • When it comes to food, I will try most anything once!

0|0
    0|0
  • It look inedible and almost like the insides of the bug from Kuzco's New Groove.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Love it. Better when eaten cold.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't it smell bad?

2|1
    0|0
  • i would give a try

0|0
    0|0
  • can you send me some good seeds?

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks cool, I'd try it

0|0
    0|0
  • Tasted nice but it stunk lol

0|0
    0|0
  • would be though provoking

0|0
    0|0
  • You all should try it... 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah! They should!

• But dont eat it too much, you'll have bad breath πŸ˜…

Recommended myTakes