What makes someone an alcoholic? Why do they drink it?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol inhibits certain brain function that has to do with rational thinking and emotions etc. Some people just want to live for the moment and continue to not care about stuff. This is why they overdo it. But to normal people alcohol as a beverage opens up some textures and taste profiles that pair well with some food types. Like red wine with a good herb steak or craft beer with burger and bacon

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its psychological, like if they continuously tend to drink to being drunk often and at weird times of the day then there might be an underlying issue deep down that they're trying to forget or drown/numb