What makes someone an alcoholic? Why do they drink it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol inhibits certain brain function that has to do with rational thinking and emotions etc. Some people just want to live for the moment and continue to not care about stuff. This is why they overdo it. But to normal people alcohol as a beverage opens up some textures and taste profiles that pair well with some food types. Like red wine with a good herb steak or craft beer with burger and bacon

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its psychological, like if they continuously tend to drink to being drunk often and at weird times of the day then there might be an underlying issue deep down that they're trying to forget or drown/numb

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• Everyone needs something to numb the pain or to close the hole that they're feeling inside. Some use drugs , some use food others drink.

0|0
    0|0
    • and then there's me I just play video games , or go out drifting. . . . . . God I'm such a fucking weirdo

• Show All
    • Lol i ride too but it's been a while mainly because the horses here are lazy they don't do much except trot and that hurts my back. . . .

• @casscade same I haven't ridden in a while because I'm at university in a different province and I only get to go home ( to my horses ) during holidays.

Recommended myTakes