What's the most underrated vegetable and why?

in your opinion what's the most underrated vegetable and why?
going on record to say I love cabbage

2336

Most Helpful Girl

• Sprouts

I love sprouts, but not many people seem to like them
    They are very nutritious. They contain fiber, manganese, riboflavin, copper, protein, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. They also provide vitamins A , C and K, .

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a Kimchi-enthusiast, cabbage is definitely up there for me.
    However, I would go with spinach.
    I think for many people, spinach is a rather dull and unimpressive vegetable. On its own and if badly prepared, it can easily taste like slightly flavored water. It doesn't look particularly pretty and most children have a passionate hatred for it.

This conceals the fact that spinach is actually very versatile and - for those who care - also very healthy. It can be found in all kinds of different cuisines, be it in a very hearty, German meat dish (usually as a side) or in a lightly, fluffy, Greek spanakopita pie, paired with Feta cheese (an incredibly harmonious coupling). Ironically, it is the very fact that spinach is a rather mildly tasting vegetable that makes it possible to use it for all kinds of different dishes. It fits to meat, sausage (the unsliced ones I mean), fish, cheese, other vegetables (tomatoes, eggplant, sauerkraut etc.), potatoes (mashed or whole), it can be sautéed with garlic, it can even be turned into ice cream (I admit this is a little peculiar but it has been done). Spinach is definitely a secret hero of the kitchen in my opinion.