What's the most underrated vegetable and why?

in your opinion what's the most underrated vegetable and why?
Updates:
going on record to say I love cabbage

2|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Sprouts

I love sprouts, but not many people seem to like them
    They are very nutritious. They contain fiber, manganese, riboflavin, copper, protein, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. They also provide vitamins A , C and K, .

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a Kimchi-enthusiast, cabbage is definitely up there for me.
    However, I would go with spinach.
    I think for many people, spinach is a rather dull and unimpressive vegetable. On its own and if badly prepared, it can easily taste like slightly flavored water. It doesn't look particularly pretty and most children have a passionate hatred for it.

This conceals the fact that spinach is actually very versatile and - for those who care - also very healthy. It can be found in all kinds of different cuisines, be it in a very hearty, German meat dish (usually as a side) or in a lightly, fluffy, Greek spanakopita pie, paired with Feta cheese (an incredibly harmonious coupling). Ironically, it is the very fact that spinach is a rather mildly tasting vegetable that makes it possible to use it for all kinds of different dishes. It fits to meat, sausage (the unsliced ones I mean), fish, cheese, other vegetables (tomatoes, eggplant, sauerkraut etc.), potatoes (mashed or whole), it can be sautéed with garlic, it can even be turned into ice cream (I admit this is a little peculiar but it has been done). Spinach is definitely a secret hero of the kitchen in my opinion.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• Hmmm...

Spinach. It goes well in a lot of dishes. It's good in an omelette. Hella good in a smoothie. Great as vegetable with a lot of meals. And super low in calories.

2|2
    0|0
  • Okra, not many shops sell it and nor do any restaurants use it.

I personally love the taste ♥

1|3
    0|0
  • I'd say okra just because I like the taste and it can be put in many more dishes than you'd think. Down in the south we fry it which is kind of counter intuitive but we also use it in all sorts of things. I like it sautéed which isn't conventional. I've liked it any way it was prepared.

0|1
    0|0
  • Brussels sprouts and onions. People are always scared of brussels sprouts but they're delicious! And people tend to think of onions as "accessory vegetables" but they're great on their own.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cabbage, okra, and greens (collards, mustard, kale, etc). Oh and poke salad... but that's a southern thing lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Cauliflower! It's actually so good and I feel like nobody ever really appreciates that 🙃

0|2
    0|0
  • All of the ones most hated by kids seem the most healthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sweet potatoes. They have a lot of fibre and are very fulfilling.

0|2
    0|0
  • Broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts, and red cabbage are equally underrated where I'm from.

0|1
    0|0
  • All of them lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Why? Because most Americans don't like to eat vegetables lol

• Show All
    • A big reason why us Americans eat less healthy has less to do with what we eat and more to do with the massive portion sizes.

• @HorrorFan true but its also because we pack a bunch of sugar, salt, and preservatives in our food that also makes us unhealthy. Both go hand in hand

• Sweet potato 🍠 is the beat

0|1
    0|0
  • Sprouts!

1|1
    0|0
  • Beets are my favorite.

0|1
    0|0
  • spinach and green beans

0|1
    0|0
  • spinach ( by children) :D

0|2
    0|0
  • Beets

0|1
    0|0
  • Cabbage,,,
    And bell peppers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Raddishes

0|1
    0|0
  • Carrots! They're great.

0|1
    0|0
  • Banana peppers, so good on sandwiches and pizzas

0|1
    0|0
  • Zucchini.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a soft spot for onions

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 35

• Eggplants maybe. There's a lot of applications for them in certain foods or sides. No one eats eggplants as much as tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, etc.

0|2
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Not the majority of vegetables, just some in specific. Due to them not being heavily in American history. Everyone knows about potatoes and tomatoes, but not things like eggplants.

• Ahhh I see :-)

• Christopher reeve. He kept making movies after his accident.

2|3
    0|0
  • Definitely cabbage.

I went through a period last year where I put sauerkraut on like *everything*. lol

i.pinimg.com/.../...0368ab2e026b46ad66a1b722c2.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • Green beans. Don't know that many people who like those but they're good

0|2
    0|0
  • I think broccoli gets a bad rap from an early age, but its something I've always loved.

So tasty and goes so well with various foods.

1|2
    0|0
  • Asparagus is underrated because it has an amazing ability to make your pee smell funny!

0|2
    0|0
  • Technically every vegetable is underrated. Some people even forget French fries are made out of potatos. The one vegetable that is overrated is edamame soybeans.

0|1
    0|0
  • Romaine lettuce is such an underdog!

Romaine lettuce is usually just an afterthought. "Yeah it's just lettuce in my salad".

It is more nutritious than most people give it credit for. 🥗

0|1
    0|0
  • Urrrgh cabbage! Unless it's saurkraut then I'll pass

But IMHO Broccoli. It can be in stir fried, sauteed, boiled (if you must) roasted etc, makes great soup, and is generally tastey and nutrious.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like broccoli, potatoes and spinach!

Can't say why but they taste good. Spinach especially is a bomb of vitamins.

0|2
    0|0
  • Cauliflower. Why is there no cauliflower emojis foe sapiosexuals? x'P 😋😋😋😋😋

1|2
    0|0
  • Potatoes. They are really good for u but they get a bad rap. As long as you're not deep frying them, they're healthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually don't really eat veggies that often, but I'd have to go for celery.

0|1
    0|0
  • according to arash, celery is the most vegetable... not only that, the most underrated food! RASH'EM!!! :D

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe that Beets is the most underrated vegetable.
    You just don't hear too much about people liking beets.

0|1
    0|0
  • Broccoli. It doesn't taste bad, it tastes like WATER

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know.. Maybe carrots? I just like to snack on carrots.

0|1
    0|0
  • asparagus (which I hate) and possibly brussel sprouts

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know to be hoenst.

0|1
    0|0
  • cucumbers

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say bitter gourd