A co-worker is retiring next week and somehow I've been recruited to bake the cake. I've narrowed it down to these as I know she likes the flavours but can't decide.
I'm confident making all of these, and it'll be big enough to serve 50, so depending on the cake chosen will most likely be tiered.
Help me out!
- Caramel buttercream and chocolate mudVote A
- Chocolate and raspberry mousse cakeVote B
- Dark chocolate mud and raspberryVote C
- White chocolate mudVote D
- Plain yellow cake and ganachVote E
Most Helpful Guy
I feel that acid is really important in cakes otherwise it's just too sweet. For that reason, I would go with B. The fresh raspberries should really help cut through the sweetness and chocolate is also nice because it has lots of bitter notes. For that same reason, I'd be against white chocolate as I feel that that is too much of a one-note sweet flavor. I hope you post a picture of the cake!2
- Show AllShow Less