I need some help to decide on a cake... which one do you like?

A co-worker is retiring next week and somehow I've been recruited to bake the cake. I've narrowed it down to these as I know she likes the flavours but can't decide.
I'm confident making all of these, and it'll be big enough to serve 50, so depending on the cake chosen will most likely be tiered.

Help me out!

• Caramel buttercream and chocolate mud
  • Chocolate and raspberry mousse cake
  • Dark chocolate mud and raspberry
    Vote C
  • White chocolate mud
    Vote D
  • Plain yellow cake and ganach
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1723

What Guys Said 23

• I feel that acid is really important in cakes otherwise it's just too sweet. For that reason, I would go with B. The fresh raspberries should really help cut through the sweetness and chocolate is also nice because it has lots of bitter notes. For that same reason, I'd be against white chocolate as I feel that that is too much of a one-note sweet flavor. I hope you post a picture of the cake!

• I've made that particular recipe once but think I'd change it for this... the white and pink layers are basically a white chocolate mouse with raspberry in the middle so I'd change it for more balance with the tart.
      If I could do another dessert I can make an amazing lemon meringue cheesecake. I'd probably lick every slice as I cut it so I wouldn't have to share it's that good 🤤💦

• 2d

You know, you make some beautiful stuff!!!

• 2d

Thanks 😊 I can't boil an egg though lol. We've all got our restrictions

• The yellow cake with the ganache is the most universal. Nobody dislikes yellow cake!

Those who don't want the chocolate can simply wipe it off.

This is the most "universal" cake for a variety of guests! 😋

• Go with the mousse cake... it's light fluffy and won't overly fill someone up... just the right amount of sweet and great texture after a heavy supper most likely,,,,

• Chocolate and raspberry mousse

• Either first or the last one.

• First one

• My Vote for Option B

Congrats you for being selected as Most Helpful Gagger of the week, I just read on notification of Gag community

• Dark chocolate mud and raspberry. i voted for this one.

• All sound good, but chocolate raspberry is always delicious

• I never thought I'd say this but I think I love mud

• I like Caramel buttercream and chocolate mud.

• Hey, I don't need food porn first thing in the morning! haha

• choc raspberry mousse!

• The first or last.

• Dark chocolate mud

• First one is good enough, I can already imagine the taste of eating it. I vote for that.

I don't like the rest because its simply too hard to cut the cake & I personally don't like cake with fruits/berries with it.

• They all look good but my top choice would be the firs tone

• I vote A

• Caramel buttercream and chocolate mud for sure! 😍

• Yellow cake. Chocolate cakes always just taste of coco powder to me.

• White chocolate is not chocolate. It is made from cocoa butter, sugar and milk solids. In other words it is an impostor.
    I picked dark chocolate mud and raspberry. My second choice would be chocolate and raspberry mousse

• Try to get of the flavour of the one who is getting retired.. Would go for dark chocolate mud cake...

• I was excited when I got here. I thought u were baking this for my birthday tomorrow. :P but I do love a good office party as well. Whichever one you decide will be amazing I'm sure. :)

• I hope you mean the 22nd

• well my birthday is tomorrow but yeah. I'm celebrating on the 22nd! Just so I can get some of this cake. :D Um... u don't think she'll mind sharing her retirement cake with the birthday boy do you? haha

What Girls Said 17

• Chocolate and raspberry mousse cake. You can't go wrong with chocolate and raspberries lol they're the best food combination that ever existed

• All berries are so good at the moment too!

• True! Luckily they're in season! Otherwise it'll cost an arm, a leg and maybe an eyeball lol

• I went with the plain yellow with ganache because I'm not a big fan of so much chocolate... though I think the dark chocolate mud n raspberry would be a nice cake too. Since you had buttercream products as an option, why don't you change the plain yellow to a vanilla buttercream or something, and maybe add some sugared fruits to the ganache?

• Last one. You can never go wrong with berries and nothing too fancy. Perfect for the office. A little goes a long way :) Happy retirement!

• White chocolate mud. Kinda plain but that way everyone can enjoy

• The chocolate and raspberry one looks pretty good.

• Wow you must be quite the baker? I prefer simple.. id go with the caramel buttercream..

• The first one looks good enough to make me cry.

• The caramel buttercream and chocolate mud cake looks soo good. That's the cake that I would choose! Omg I'm Craving cake right now

• The first one or the last one 😍😍 now I want cake 🤤

• i prefer c

• chocolate raspberry mousse is so fancy and perfect. it's not a basic flavor and it's really classy

• I chose A cause it's the only one that doesn't have fruits. Fruits and desserts don't belong together.

• I'd go with the mousse cake, because the others seem quite heavy.

• caramel with buttercream and chocolate mud. I think I might be the only person I know who doesn't like chocolate with fruits. Lemon Meringue Cheesecake delishus!

• All of them looks delicious! But for me Caramel Buttercream and chocolate mud

• 2 and 5

• You can make such cakes? Damn! I wish I had those skills! I love the option of the raspberry one.