I need some help to decide on a cake... which one do you like?

A co-worker is retiring next week and somehow I've been recruited to bake the cake. I've narrowed it down to these as I know she likes the flavours but can't decide.
I'm confident making all of these, and it'll be big enough to serve 50, so depending on the cake chosen will most likely be tiered.

Help me out!
  • I need some help to decide on a cake... which one do you like? Caramel buttercream and chocolate mud
  • I need some help to decide on a cake... which one do you like? Chocolate and raspberry mousse cake
  • I need some help to decide on a cake... which one do you like? Dark chocolate mud and raspberry
    Vote C
  • I need some help to decide on a cake... which one do you like? White chocolate mud
    Vote D
  • I need some help to decide on a cake... which one do you like? Plain yellow cake and ganach
    Vote E

1724

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel that acid is really important in cakes otherwise it's just too sweet. For that reason, I would go with B. The fresh raspberries should really help cut through the sweetness and chocolate is also nice because it has lots of bitter notes. For that same reason, I'd be against white chocolate as I feel that that is too much of a one-note sweet flavor. I hope you post a picture of the cake!

• I've made that particular recipe once but think I'd change it for this... the white and pink layers are basically a white chocolate mouse with raspberry in the middle so I'd change it for more balance with the tart.
      If I could do another dessert I can make an amazing lemon meringue cheesecake. I'd probably lick every slice as I cut it so I wouldn't have to share it's that good 🤤💦

• You know, you make some beautiful stuff!!!

• Thanks 😊 I can't boil an egg though lol. We've all got our restrictions

Most Helpful Girl

• Chocolate and raspberry mousse cake. You can't go wrong with chocolate and raspberries lol they're the best food combination that ever existed

• All berries are so good at the moment too!

• True! Luckily they're in season! Otherwise it'll cost an arm, a leg and maybe an eyeball lol