Vegan friend pushing?

So I was talking to a friend who's a vegan and said cows milk has pus in it and other things and gives you diabetes she knows I'm type one and keeps pushing for me to stop eating meat and drinking milk if you're in my situation what would you have said i just feel horrible and bad i mean i was told my pancreas decided to stop working and nothing else but she claims it's my fault for drinking the milk she also knew because i told her as a baby i didn't drink milk i was a formula baby and she keeps saying rat milk is for rats goat milk is for goats cow milk is for cows not humans i feel horrible about it i couldn't eat anything yesterday I just drank juice and water which isn't good for me but i need to keep my sugar up some how what are your thoughts? πŸ€”πŸ™πŸ˜“
Updates:
My sugar needs to be balanced not high or to low
So I went back to the hospital walked into the diabetes education center and spoke to my dietitian we sat down i asked questions and she told me and showed me what i can have and can't have we did a review all over again i also dropped the vegan friend we are not friends any more i told her that's her life style not mines and it wasn't my fault for getting type 1 diabetes i can have protein and milk and i will be keeping them in my diet she isn't a dietitian so she can't tell me what

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. And cow meat is for lions. A human can't kill a cow. Every vegan person i ever met was kind of messed up in the head. They remind me of those religious door to door people, like salesmen. They desperately try to convert everyone pointing out a few non certified stuff and twisting the whole point. And when you show them hard evidence they move on or accuse its goverment falsified lol. Anyways. Not all vegans are weirdos. If you have a medical condition then dont listen to anyone non certified. Aka always do what your good rep doc tells you.

3|1
    2|1
    • Thank you ☺

• Show All
    • It is tru milk, is not for human consumption nature will tell th everything th need to know no animal drinks milk if left in it's natural habitat after a certain age and a cow is a good source of protein but how did it become protein enriched cows do not eat meat bingo so if we can use an animal that only eats cavitation to get protein what does that tell yah

• @namelesz it tells me that we get what we can. Cows are easy prey and can't hurt us. They are cheap and stupid so they are a perfect source of food for us. We could eat meat eaters like bears for our protein but i dont think they bear will behave inside a barn. Its pure logic.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she is a self-titled, crazy person. Cow milk won't hurt you. Nor meat. If she wants to have an obsessive life style and deny her body certain food, that's her choice. She can't force you or anyone else to do the same. What a crazy person...
    Trust your doctors. Not some drama queen. ;-)

3|1
    2|0
    • You did the right thing going to the doctor! Very good! ;-)

• Do you know any fat unhealthy vegans? I dont. My suggestion is to cut out the dairy. If you are gonna eat meat, go with fish or chicken and dont do it often. Like a couple times a week is enough. For some strange reason everyone thinks we need a steak 3 meals a day to survive. Soda, milk, and red meat are the 3 things in our diet making us fat and nasty along with prescription pills for made up diseases. If you keep your bacteria in your gut balanced you will be a much healthier person.

• A healthy diet means eating a bit of everything. Dutch people drinks lots of milk and they look healthy. She should follow what the nutritionist says, not what you guys choose to believe.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Some vegans like to push how moral they are by acting like dicks. My girlfriend is vegan and I'm the absolute opposite. We just let each other do our own thing. It sounds like your friend is miserable if she has nothing better to do than act superior to people she calls friends

2|1
    0|0
  • Diabetes is an autoimmune disease in which your own body cells attack your immune system. The link of cow's milk to diabetes type 1 is strickly hypothetical and relates to children under 3, the question still remains unanswered, as to whether impaired mucosal immune function predisposes to type 1 diabetes.

2|0
    0|0
  • Stop listening to that idiot. Is Almond Milk only for almonds? You're telling me if dogs could milk cows they wouldn't drink milk? Give a dog milk and see how fast they drink it. It does matter where your food comes from.. The less processed the better but your vegan friend is way off.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is exactly my problem with vegans, they think they are better than everyone else so they push their beliefs on everyone, tell her to fuck off and mind her business, what you eat is your choice not hers.

1|0
    0|1
  • Then drink the pus and antibiotics in milk you retarded moron

1|0
    0|0
  • This post needs some damn punctuation and paragraph editing.

As far as the other stuff, your friend is wrong and ignorant; milk does not give someone diabetes. Shitty overall health and being fat and eating way too many calories and sugar is what give someone diabetes.

0|0
    0|0
    • The diabetes you're talking about is type 2 I have type 1

• Ah okay then. Well I don't know if being vegan will help you. I suppose that eating way too much meat or drinking way too much milk will hurt, but only if you don't eat an overall balanced diet with grains, fruit, and veggies.

• Disregard your vegan friends advice. Just because someone is a friend doesn't mean they're qualified to give advice.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've had a friend like that and I eventually got tired of the constant pushing and said you do you and I'll do me and if you can't handle that then don't come around any more

2|0
    0|0
  • Gives you diabetes? Haha shouldn't all children have diabetes then? The vegan is dumb as usually... She probably don't know of the protein in the meat you need for survival? Or the calcium in milk for ya bones?

0|0
    1|1
  • eat a steak and some fried chicken in front of her while she tells you that, and drink chocolate milk after wards

1|0
    0|1
  • tell her to shut the fuck up. if she can't respect your right to eat whatever you want then she isn't a friend

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say do whatever your doctor tells you how to eat and drink don't listen to people who will feed you a bunch of negative stuff and best wishes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dairy is not necessary to an adult. Eggs and vegetables are all you need.

2|1
    0|0
  • Vegans are stupid weaklings. The only thing worth pushing for is science

2|1
    1|1
  • Tell her to fuck off and read a biology or chenistry book.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not true
    Vegans will say ANYTHING to convert you

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Want my advice? Listen to your doctor's advice, not your wannabe "Free-lee the Banana Girl" friend.

No offence to veganism but their diet doesn't work for everybody. There is significant evidence that such a diet may not work for people with specific food sensitivities, illnesses or needs. If you want to go vegan, vegetarian, or stay an omnivore but have concerns about your diabetes, talk to a DOCTOR. A licensed PROFESSIONAL.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just tell your friend something like "i appreciate you educating me, but youve gone beyond educating. You're getting pushy and its making me uncomfortable. Its up to me what to do witht the info you provide."

1|1
    0|0
  • I would tell her to shut up. If you don't want to be something, don't let someone else force you. The thing about vegans they think their diet is the only healthy one, which is so far from the truth. Diabetics do not need to cut meat out of their diets to be healthy. You should watch your sugar in-take though, consume healthy sugars and as you know, watch your carbs.

People need to get educated about diets before they start telling people what's healthy and what's not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lmao are you serious? Meat and milk keeps you healthy? WHO declared meat as a potent cancer causing item and you ignorant people blame vegans for telling you the truth.
    Milk doesn't cure anything my dear. And yeah milk is milk. You should try rat or dog milk. Why leaving those out?

0|1
    3|0
    • "potent cancer causing item" FALSE CLAIM
      "milk doesn't cure anything" NOONE CLAIMED THIS
      "should try rat or dogs milk" you could drink those as well but its quite unfeasable to collect the needed amounts.

• Show All
    • @Chadster what an idiot and cruel person you are! The fact you need to COOK itself dismisses your existence as an omnivore. A real omnivore doesn't cook. He eats raw like bears do. Dumbhead

• @Chadster oh and don't even come up with "we are advanced hence we cook". No you are not advanced. You are just a vile person who thinks killing living things for taste is good. You guys don't have the right to speak against ISIS or rapes.

• Tell her this, 'Just because you choose to be a vegan. Doesn't mean it gives you the right to tell me what to do. Plus please stop with the inappropriate comments.'

1|0
    0|0
    • Good. Remember you can't let others manipulate who you are. You are a good person. A persons consumption choice is there's to make. Same goes for there life.

• She's not a doctor or nutritionist and she's not really a good friend either. Ignore her!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes