Could I possibly become anorexic?

I feel like I eat too much. I'm not really fat, and there is nothing wrong about my figure I'm just afraid I'll become fat. Sometime when I'm hungry, I'll see it as an accomplishment if I can feel hungry for at least some hours. When I'm preparing lunch I'll always bring less than what I'd normally eat to control my income. I'm afraid that me reducing my food intake will make me have eating disorders as I'm already suffering some mental illnesses.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who has struggled with many eating disorders, you sound like you're brewing the thoughts that go hand in hand with anorexia.

But to be diagnosed with it, you have to have those thoughts plus be at the medical weight doctors consider unhealthily thin - which I personally disagree with.

I disagree with it because every anorexic was once not. The thoughts always precede the action and you're still 'developing' anorexia even if you're not a frighteningly thin weight yet.

Please be careful - just like you said, if you already have one mental illness then you are predisposed to having others as well

Just be vigilant in changes in your eating habits. You say you are not fat. Being healthy isn't a crime, but don't take it too far or you'll become orthorexic

It's not an accomplishment to go hungry - you'll starve your brain and your body too. It's an accomplishment to overcome these things though :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for sharing your experience, I think I'll be ok if I'm aware of it happening

• You're welcome - good luck :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 3

• You could, yeah. Intuitive eating is the best way to go, ie. eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full. Dieting actually makes it more difficult to maintain a healthy weight because it means you lose the ability to know when you've eaten enough naturally. Babies won't drink more milk than they need, but as we grow up we learn unhealthy habits. For example the reason there's a correlation between growing up poor and obesity is that people who can't be sure when they'll get their next meal learn to eat when they can rather than going by how hungry they are at any given time. Similarly, dieting tends to lead to this terrible restricting and binging cycle. You should try to focus on what you're eating instead, making sure it's a balanced diet.

0|0
    0|0

• Anorexia nervosa, anorexia for short, is an eating disorder that can have fatal consequences. People suffering from anorexia consume very restrictive quantities of food, which leads to starvation. Eventually they can become dangerously thin and malnourished -- yet still perceive themselves as overweight. Frequently, people with anorexia become so undernourished that they have to be hospitalized. Even then they deny that anything is wrong with them.

Anorexia usually develops during puberty.
    A person can be considered anorexic when she restricts her food intake to such an extent it leads to significantly low body weight accompanied by an intense fear of gaining weight and an excessive concern with body weight or shape.

0|0
    0|0
    • There are two subtypes of anorexia: One type is linked to a different type of eating disorder called bulimia, which is characterized by ''bingeing and purging;'' a person eats and then deliberately vomits. The other subtype manifests itself through severe restriction of food and calories.

A person with anorexia becomes obsessed about food and weight. She or he may develop peculiar eating rituals, such as refusing to eat in front of other people or arranging food on the plate in a certain order. Many people with anorexia seem to care a lot about food. They may collect cookbooks and prepare sumptuous meals for their friends and families -- but they don't join in. Often, they also maintain an intensive exercise regimen

• Show All
    • Anxiety, and recovering depression is what I'm suffering with right now. I don't know if you can count in my daddy issues

• I liked what snowshy said. But now that you're aware of it, would you like to stop or continue?

I'd prefer if you'd choose not to become an anorexic. But if you're tempted to do it, you might want to read these articles and make an informative decision, fully aware what you're doing — 1. m.newhealthadvisor.com/How-to-Become-Anorexic.html
      2. www.google.co.in/.../?espv=1
      3. www.myproana.com/.../

And don't agree with people who make you feel bad or stupid for asking help.

• You for sure are suffering from some mental illness. What a stupid kid.

1|0
    3|1
    • Srry.

• *Slow clap*
      Way to help someone with a possible problem, calling them stupid instead of suggesting something that's actually helpful.

Not to mention, you did so under the Anonymous tag to protect yourself?
      What a fucking genius you must be.

• *Fast clap*
      Shut up.

Recommended myTakes