Could I possibly become anorexic?

I feel like I eat too much. I'm not really fat, and there is nothing wrong about my figure I'm just afraid I'll become fat. Sometime when I'm hungry, I'll see it as an accomplishment if I can feel hungry for at least some hours. When I'm preparing lunch I'll always bring less than what I'd normally eat to control my income. I'm afraid that me reducing my food intake will make me have eating disorders as I'm already suffering some mental illnesses.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who has struggled with many eating disorders, you sound like you're brewing the thoughts that go hand in hand with anorexia.

But to be diagnosed with it, you have to have those thoughts plus be at the medical weight doctors consider unhealthily thin - which I personally disagree with.

I disagree with it because every anorexic was once not. The thoughts always precede the action and you're still 'developing' anorexia even if you're not a frighteningly thin weight yet.

Please be careful - just like you said, if you already have one mental illness then you are predisposed to having others as well

Just be vigilant in changes in your eating habits. You say you are not fat. Being healthy isn't a crime, but don't take it too far or you'll become orthorexic

It's not an accomplishment to go hungry - you'll starve your brain and your body too. It's an accomplishment to overcome these things though :)

• Thank you for sharing your experience, I think I'll be ok if I'm aware of it happening

• You're welcome - good luck :D