To nonamerican, GAGer's how would you describe American food if you have had it before?

oughtta be interesting. What do you think of American food? To nonamerican, GAGer's how would you describe American food if you have had it before?
To nonamerican, GAGer's how would you describe American food if you have had it before?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I went to California and Washington when I was 14. I've had Burger King, Pho, McDonalds and food from Chuck E Cheese's (from what I can remember) and it's just like any fast food in Australia (maybe even better) :P

0|2
    0|0
    • Lol chuck e cheese. :P

• Show All
    • Last time I was there, it was for a cousins party and i just spent most of the time in the arcade. Wasn't much to do for an adult. :P

• I played in the arcade! Then ate then went back into the arcade, then dribbled a basketball around the entire arcade with my brother in law XD oh good old times :') Brings back good memories. I got my Bubba Gump jumper from a stall on Santa Monica Pier aswell haha

Most Helpful Guy

• The food in these pictures are crap. Do you want a good burger you go to Carl's Juniors get yourself a choice between 10 different $6 burgers that are huge and delicious with the salad. Maybe hit Taco Bell get a big old grilled steak and beef burrito with a salad, and then a big bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner with the salad. LOL honestly there's a lot of really tasty fast food but you got to know which places to go to. Actually the prices are starting to go up to the point where it's almost cheaper to go to the store now and get three times more for the money. By the way I don't just eat American food, I also eat Mexican food, Chinese food and Italian food just to shake it up. Can I see a picture of some Australian food?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I don’t like it much... everything tastes so different to home but none of it is in a pleasant way. Even basics like milk or bread seem a lot heavier/oilier and sweeter but the fruit is harder and lacks that natural sweetness when you actually want it.

I know we’re particularly lucky here to grow a good variety but a lot is still imported. Might just be me and my tastebuds being fussy 😊

0|1
    0|0
    • *feeds you American apple* :P

• Show All
    • @jp612612 it's usually 3.7/3.8 but i like 4.4
      it's so creamy ♡
      cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/.../20110922154351.jpg

• i remember eating honey dew and cantelope in california and it tastes the same as it does in japan, normal

• i dislike some things like fast food hamburgers, peanut butter, sponge cake and chocolate ice cream but in general i prefer American food to japanese food. i only like some japanese dishes. i cook it for lovers just to please them since they like it so much. but they also like the european cuisine i make like beef stroganoff.

0|2
    0|0
  • Those are fast foods. Dining in America consists of many different variety of foods that is not advertised.

0|1
    0|0
    • yes but lets face it most people think of fast food when they think of American food

• yes that is sad to know that, I see Americans are being stereotyped in every freaking way possible.

• Seems really chemically, like there's additives all over it and it tastes good but tastes fake so it feels like if you eat it for more than like a few weeks you'll just melt and die XD

0|2
    0|0
  • It is incomprehensibly artificially flavoured. Beyond just the unhealthiness, even the normal junk food like "soda", etc have soooo much more sugar (especially than Europe).

1|1
    0|0
  • I like apple pie and Cole slaw.
    Rest like burgers, french fries, cheeseburger etc etc not a fan of them. Plus it seems unhealthy compared to European cuisine

0|2
    0|0
  • I love it. I know it's unhealthy as hell, but it tastes like heaven. We have most of that shit in my country as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why is everything always drowning in sauce and shit all the time? Americans talk about how other places have boring or bad food, that's because US food is just so masked in grease and sauce all the time.

The actual meat-cuts often look way more fatty or stringy than what I'm used to.
    This seems especially so in fast-food places. Americans complain that all fast food places are gross, but honestly, my experience in Canada and at home in the UK, was that UK fast food (Of the same brand) is way higher quality.
    Either American fast food struggles to meet demand, or the American populace is so willing to accept garbage that standards have dropped without impacting sales significantly.

0|2
    0|0
    • Standards have dropped without affecting sales for sure. We eat like shit and we just don't care. We're addicted to fast food in every way. Not even just dependant on it like a drug, but by being fast it allows us more time to work and Americans work the most out of any country as far as I know. There's a lot more factors at play here though. It's absolutely nutty and I wonder if a food revolution will come at any point.

• Looks great on the TV, I can also see why you're all so fat.

0|3
    1|0
    • I gave you a thumbs up on that cuz that was funny. But as an American I will say it wouldn't be hard to eat fast food three meals a day every day. There really is a huge variety which is why since I've gotten older I don't hardly ever eat fast food anymore so it's almost a real treat. And I was 25 last time I was in Chuck-E-Cheeses it's for a friend of mine's son's birthday and it was also my birthday at the same day so

• @5x9BOB If I eat fastfood three days in a row I get sick, my body rejects it, so it's twice in a month for me, if at all. And we should be friends since we both think I'm funny :D

• It's not like the displayed foods aren't serverd nearly everywhere in the world. xD' Yes, I've eaten them & I liked it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m Canadian so it’s pretty much the exact same thing when it comes to takeout food

0|2
    0|0
    • Except worse. I could not find a decent burger in Canada.

• Show All
    • Damn and yup that's Wyoming for u

• Supposedly Casper has 60k people but I just see the same old assholes everyday

• Didn't have all of them. We don't have good American food here except the Design versions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cheap and unhealthy? Lol

0|2
    0|0
  • Large. Your food portions are huge.

0|3
    0|0
    • That's funny that you say that because when you get like a meal deal it always starts with size large then extra large then super size LOL

• @5x9BOB your largess are still bigger than ours. Also I don't even think we have super size here...

• Seems greasy.

0|2
    0|0
  • A lot of fast food, greasy and unhealthy

0|1
    0|0
  • It's good, but not very healthy :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Not healthy

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• I wish we had half the stuff You guys have... so many options... so many choices... so many delish stuff... and portions can be quite large too hahah for not very expensive... which is amazing

I want it all... I want burgers, so many burgers... gimmie gimmie
    Oh I remember this one place had a steak and eggs special.. like 5 bucks, seriously 5 bucks for steak and eggs... fack..
    pile it on buddy lol haha

Delish...

1|2
    0|0
  • The comma should go after GAGer's since you're directing the question to non American gagers.

1|1
    0|0
  • American food or fast food? Cus I'm Mexican American n I what homemade Mexican food

0|1
    0|0
  • Huge portions. Dairy sucks. Beef is corn fed. Corn everywhere.

Over processed. Chocolate tastes of vomit.

0|1
    0|0
  • massively unhealthy and its influx into the uk has caused a huge spike in childhood obesity

0|3
    0|0
    • Parents aren't supposed to be feeding fast food to their children. I don't know if you got Carl's Juniors out there but oh my God their burgers are so huge and delicious

• @5x9BOB no we dont and im veggie and sugarfree anyway so only eat what i prepare myself. yes it is down to parents but when the market is flooded with junk and tv saturated by advertising for the same junk its understandable why so many parents lose the battle

• Never been to usa myself but a relative to me has and she described it "the food was good but the burgers where so large one burger could last me 3-4 days" 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't really have a national cuisine, or many places that stand out in the world, which is to be expect for a country of migrants. Because of that however, you have perhaps the best choice of food on the planet. In LA I can get virtually any dish in the world cooked authentically and it's generally of higher average standard than anywhere else in the world.

In the food industry the flavours are tailored to the palette/production processes of the country though, like @Wonderer89 picked up on, your chocolate, milk, eggs bread etc. All taste a little funny to outsiders in their raw form.

That third picture you posted is ironic though, the ONE thing is American which is Apple Pie... is missing.

0|1
    0|0
  • No fried chicken? I feel like that is an American Staple...

0|1
    0|0
  • Tasty but not edible all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Large portions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Soooo tasty, but still sooooo unhealthy. 😢

0|1
    0|0
  • Incredibly good, BUT not healthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Last time I had Nathan's I got way sick...

0|1
    0|0
  • How much would that meal cost in the first image?

0|1
    0|0
  • Unhealthy

0|1
    0|0
  • It's ok

0|1
    0|0
  • Obessity and diabetes

0|1
    0|0
  • Fatty, tasty, decadent, maligned