How would you convince me (a vegan) to try non vegetarian food?

1017

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't since trying to convince you to eat something you don't agree with isn't my place. Only real argument is that it tastes good and clearly that wouldn't be enough

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on why you're a vegan. Is it for health reasons primarily? Is it for ethical reasons? Is it for religious reasons? That is important to consider because similar dietary restrictions may have different rationales.

For example, while I am a meat eater there are certain meats I would not eat, and for different reasons. For example, I don't eat pork or carnivores/raptors/scavengers/insects because it's against my religion. I don't eat red meat because I don't like the taste. So, the meat component of my diet is primarily restricted to white meats and sea food.
    I also very rarely consume dairy because I'm very lactose intolerant.

Also, strive to avoid consuming the flesh of animals that have been raised in inhumane conditions (no argument that their slaughter at the end is not).

However, I do wear wool, and leather belts.

Why are you a vegan?
    Are there extenuating circumstances where you would consider eating meat or animal products?

• I'm vegan because I was born in a family who is supposed to consider eating meat a sin (caste wise), but I don't believe in those things... So I'm left with being vegan because I was told to.

• Well it's probably because I don't feel like I am missing out if I'm not gonna try it.. Like, I already enjoy what I eat.. I don't think meat would b any more enjoyable.. if someone would convince me otherwise, I would wanna try it.

• That is fair. However, meat contains large amounts of glutamate, and most contain animal fat. This gives meat one of the primary discernable flavors: "umami" (savoriness). I think some plants can have the umami taste, but it's much more so in meats. It's one of the main reasons why a lot of people love eating meat a lot.

Some also eat meat because they want to grow their muscles through rigorous strength training, and it provides an easily accessable amount of proteins and amino acids. Plants have that, definitely, but you would need to eat a smaller amount if near to get that.