How would you convince me (a vegan) to try non vegetarian food?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't since trying to convince you to eat something you don't agree with isn't my place. Only real argument is that it tastes good and clearly that wouldn't be enough

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on why you're a vegan. Is it for health reasons primarily? Is it for ethical reasons? Is it for religious reasons? That is important to consider because similar dietary restrictions may have different rationales.

For example, while I am a meat eater there are certain meats I would not eat, and for different reasons. For example, I don't eat pork or carnivores/raptors/scavengers/insects because it's against my religion. I don't eat red meat because I don't like the taste. So, the meat component of my diet is primarily restricted to white meats and sea food.
    I also very rarely consume dairy because I'm very lactose intolerant.

Also, strive to avoid consuming the flesh of animals that have been raised in inhumane conditions (no argument that their slaughter at the end is not).

However, I do wear wool, and leather belts.

Why are you a vegan?
    Are there extenuating circumstances where you would consider eating meat or animal products?

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm vegan because I was born in a family who is supposed to consider eating meat a sin (caste wise), but I don't believe in those things... So I'm left with being vegan because I was told to.

• Show All
    • Well it's probably because I don't feel like I am missing out if I'm not gonna try it.. Like, I already enjoy what I eat.. I don't think meat would b any more enjoyable.. if someone would convince me otherwise, I would wanna try it.

• That is fair. However, meat contains large amounts of glutamate, and most contain animal fat. This gives meat one of the primary discernable flavors: "umami" (savoriness). I think some plants can have the umami taste, but it's much more so in meats. It's one of the main reasons why a lot of people love eating meat a lot.

Some also eat meat because they want to grow their muscles through rigorous strength training, and it provides an easily accessable amount of proteins and amino acids. Plants have that, definitely, but you would need to eat a smaller amount if near to get that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• First off, would you consider at all? Or you wouldn't.

1|1
    0|0
    • A high chance that I would. But I should be convinced that it's worth it.

• Show All
    • I did use to own my own business ;) : P

• Lmao that explains it. I probably would find your shop for it (if you had one).

• Wellllllllll... I would probably switch the label that or just make a nice meal and cross my fingers that you wouldn't hurt my feelings trying to make you something nice

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm vegan too and nothing can convince me to try eating shit.

0|2
    0|0
    • 😂😂 Fair enough.

• Show All
    • I do not really care , enjoy eating shit

• I don't even wanna start about how your food eats our food filled with pesticides, making your food much more harmful.

• I wouldn't, because veganism is the best diet health wise, ethnically, and environmentally for humans.

0|2
    0|0
  • Iits not my place to sway your eating habits. I wouldn't go vegan, but if you respect my decision to not go vegan I'll respect yours to go vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. Good on you.

0|2
    0|0
  • Ayyye fellow vegan! :)

0|2
    0|0
  • Bacon.

It has ruined many a vegan.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't try

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 16

• I actually don't care what you eat or drink, as long as you don't fuck with what I eat I'm okay with whatever you want to eat

0|1
    0|0
  • I would never try. If you choose to be a vegetarian, then you get my marks, even though I'm not.

0|2
    0|0
  • Kidnap you and tie you up.
    Force you to eat meat while recording it and bamn.
    I get arrested four months later.

0|1
    0|0
  • i really, really, really couldn't care about what you ate even if i attempted to try-- thus i wouldn't

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. You would end up puking it out if you tried it. Been there done that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't since I'm thinking about turning vegan so why would I convince a vegan to be a non vegan lop

0|1
    0|0
  • i wouldn't

if you dont want to taste the awesomeness that is meat, that is your loss, and not my problem

0|0
    0|1
  • Well if you were trapped on an island with animals and the grass that they eat then you would soon be a meat eater. Or dead

0|0
    0|1
  • You have to want it and i have to Know the reason why you are eating my foods food

0|0
    0|0
  • Vegan is the best dude! Believe it!

0|2
    0|0
  • Bacon that is all

0|0
    0|0
  • I will not convince you

0|1
    0|0
  • yea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them is vegan, but it's not

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't bcs i dont care what other people eat

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I? I'm an omnivore, but I wouldn't try to convince you to eat anything you don't agree with. And I'm not against veganism, it just doesn't suit my needs.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes