Granules / Filtered or Pressed Coffee : Which one tastes better?

• Granules / Filtered or Pressed Coffee : Which one tastes better?coffee granules from a jar
    Vote A
  • Granules / Filtered or Pressed Coffee : Which one tastes better?Pressed from a cafetière,
    Vote B
  • Granules / Filtered or Pressed Coffee : Which one tastes better?Filtered Coffee
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Instant coffee (granules) is swill and undrinkable for the most part.
    I usually filter my own coffee, but will share a french press coffee with work-mates if they are making it.

The biggest problem with french press or manual filter coffee is that too many folks have the water too hot and boil off the aromatics that give you the best of the flavour.
    This also happens when they make the coffee granules with the freeze-drying process, the difference here is you cannot keep any of the flavour by changing how you do it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A cafetiere or a machine is best, but both are quite high in cholesterol. Filter coffee is not quite as tasty, but is better for you. The filter process helps stop a bit of the cholesterol.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Drinking coffee is such an acquired taste. My wife asked me the first time I was in Japan with her in this restaurant if I wanted American Coffee or Japanese coffee. At that moment in time I did not know there was a difference. American coffee is very diluted compared to Japanese coffee. I think you could stand a spoon up in Japanese coffee. Drinking that strong of coffee is an even more acquired taste.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer percolated. Very close to pressed, but less fussy. Unfortunately, I can't find my favorite in a coarse grind, so I have to grind it myself. But still, unfiltered tastes much better.

0|0
    0|0
  • French presses are amazing for coffee and tea! But you have to make sure you use a coarse grind, otherwise you’ll get a bunch of coffee dirt in the bottom of your mug.

0|0
    0|0
  • espresso

never had pressed/filtered and frozen granular coffee is garbage

1|1
    0|0
  • A is... terrible.

B is the best.
    C is almost as good as B.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely organic whole beans in a french press. Meduim roast

Soooo tasty

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 tsp instant mixed in a cup of 1/2 organic whole milk 1/2 water. 3 equal.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'll take any of those! But pressed seems to be the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a french press. I grind my own coffee beans, it is more fresh that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually prefer filtered, with filtered water, dark roasted fresh ground beans

0|0
    0|0
  • Granules are the best❤️

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee made with Automatic drip coffee maker.

0|0
    0|0
  • None, I don't drink coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of coffee so none

0|0
    0|0
  • I vote extract

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I like a dark roast filtered, with actually boiling water. Coffee granules will never be as good as regular coffee.

Turkish, Cuban and Vietnamese style coffees I also love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Filter coffee taste best in my opinion and I have always wanted to make and own my own coffee shop and filtered coffee would obviously be what I sold

0|0
    0|0
  • I think pressed is much better. Filtered is my least favorite

0|0
    0|0
  • Pressed from a cafetière,

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not a coffee person

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes