What's your feelings towards "processed meat causes cancer"?

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified processed meat as a carcinogen, something that causes cancer. And it has classified red meat as a probable carcinogen, something that probably causes cancer. (IARC is the cancer agency of the World Health Organization.)

Some Processed meats would include Ham, sausage, beef jerky and hot dogs.
Pretty much anything meat preserved or meat with added flavor.

They found that eating at least 50 grams a day would increase your chances of cancer by 18%.

Does this make you want to change your diet, or does it even faze you?
What's your feelings towards "process meat causes cancer"?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I've definitely cut down, but I haven't been able to quit altogether How great is it to avoid cancer by starving to death? Remember, dairy products also produce cancer.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to live in a city with a hotdog factory and at night you could smell the nastiness. Processed food isn't right. It's mass produced garbage. Diary is also pretty bad for you bc oc all the hormones pumped into it

0|1
    0|0
    • Dairy is ok if void of hormonal injections. Just be very weary of Dairy PRODUCTS cause its not Dairy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Probably payed-for propaganda. If you take their studies seriously fucking everything causes cancer, and then the next day nothing causes cancer. Exercise and that's all that matters.

0|2
    0|1
  • Process meat is nothong more than the by products and left overs of non consumables ground up and the formed into containers. Everything you won't eat becomes processed meats.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've known that for years. You'd be amazed the amount of stuff that causes cancer. They just don't give a fuck. Life isn't as important as profit to these vultures. Even your drinking water is full of shite that can kill you

0|0
    0|0
  • Look up a list of everything that gives you cancer. Basically living; living gives you cancer. Avoiding all the shit that causes cancer is not living, that's just surviving.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would probably agree with that anything that man makes I believe at least 75% of man-made products probably enhancers a chance of getting some form of cancer

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's like this your going to die something when God says it's time to get the hell out of living in this unforsaking place I gonna eat meat till that happens. Lol

0|0
    0|1
  • I go with the main source
    Take the cow outside
    Slaughter and grill or fry me some meat

0|1
    0|0
  • Give me something that DOESN'T cause cancer these days

0|1
    0|0
    • Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low fat yogurt, poly and mono unsaturated oils in moderation, nuts and seeds in moderation, water, fish... oh and exercise!

• Show All
    • @Inuyasha86 Are you seriously arguing against exercise. Yes, there's oxidative stress. That's why you eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts seeds and fish in moderation. You should be getting 60 minutes of exercise every day.

• @CactusJuice I'm not arguing against exercise. I'm merely stating the facts.

• Tbh I don't really plan on living past 50 , so I'm just gonna work out, nothing more nor less

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably true. Id believe it to be honest. I think we should minimalize what we eat

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds about right but I also suspect fruit and veg to due to the pesticides used

0|0
    0|0
  • Only thing that kills you is living, everything else speeds up the process.

0|0
    0|0
  • Life causes cancer. If we were dead no one would have cancer. #SpeciesGoals

0|0
    0|0
  • Unproven and stupid.

0|0
    2|1
  • I'll be eating whatever, whenever, no matter what

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh hey look another thing that MAY cause cancer...

0|1
    0|0
    • ^ This
      We all die someday eventually, so might speed it up if it even just MAY.

• Class 1 is the same as cigarettes.

• everything causes cancer these days

0|1
    0|1
  • Oxygen is more dangerous

0|0
    0|0
    • That's a fair point, It is very dangerous.

• Show All
    • Why are there warning labels on Oxygen tanks then?

• There are warning labels on everything dude. Welcome to the 21st Century.

• I try not to think about stuff like this

0|0
    0|2
  • Yikes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd never give up beef jerkey

0|0
    0|0
  • Meat is the the Leading Causes of Death
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gEiweaAVQ

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I ain't HERE FOR A LONG TIME
    IM HERE FOR A GOOD TIME

I shall eat what I want.

2|4
    0|2
  • Wow, I probably should change some things. But with the way things are made today almost everything could be considered processed its sad

1|0
    0|0
  • i heard about this on the news last year and although i had rarely eaten processed meat in the last decade or so i started actively avoiding it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds about right.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes