What's your feelings towards "processed meat causes cancer"?

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified processed meat as a carcinogen, something that causes cancer. And it has classified red meat as a probable carcinogen, something that probably causes cancer. (IARC is the cancer agency of the World Health Organization.)

Some Processed meats would include Ham, sausage, beef jerky and hot dogs.
Pretty much anything meat preserved or meat with added flavor.

They found that eating at least 50 grams a day would increase your chances of cancer by 18%.

Does this make you want to change your diet, or does it even faze you?
What's your feelings towards "process meat causes cancer"?

523

Most Helpful Guy

• I've definitely cut down, but I haven't been able to quit altogether How great is it to avoid cancer by starving to death? Remember, dairy products also produce cancer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to live in a city with a hotdog factory and at night you could smell the nastiness. Processed food isn't right. It's mass produced garbage. Diary is also pretty bad for you bc oc all the hormones pumped into it

• Dairy is ok if void of hormonal injections. Just be very weary of Dairy PRODUCTS cause its not Dairy.