Girlfriend's trial cake looks good?

I made a chocolate coconut cake tonight from scratch after doing extensive research and tasting several amazing cakes (my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and I wanted to make her a cake) I won't tell my secret, but starting with flour I made the cake mix from scratch and the frosting was made from scratch with milk and a few other ingredients. Anyways the cake was so moist, when I frosted it, a piece literally split off the cake from the weight of the frosting. Holy, holy shit. I've had lots of cakes, several dry some eh and few moist, but this literally melts when you bite into it. Here's a pic, question is if I make this for her and maybe doodle a heart or something, will it be romantic? Girlfriend's trial cake looks good??Girlfriend's trial cake looks good??

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So thoughtful. You got heart 👌🏻❤️

Stay golden, Ponyboy

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• My heart melted upon seeing this. A man that would not only make his girlfriend a cake from scratch for her birthday, but put so much effort and thought into it? So sweet. This girl better appreciate it!

2|0
    0|0
    • I hope she does! I was raised the old fashioned way to open doors for ANY person, lady or man, eat everything on your plate even if you don't care for it, wash your dishes by hand and dry them with a towel, if its winter you bring firewood in to burn so you keep warm and in the spring you plant garden so there's produce to can in the winter so you aren't buying processed food. You don't buy boxed food, its processed and not good for you. You make it from scratch the best you can. Same with meat, you go to the butcher and pay for a cut of a whole cow freeze it and cut what you need when you need it. You can get the eggs from the neighbor and milk from the farmer down the road. My dad was a carpenter so he'd trade a fixing or building job for a few months worth of food. No money, no hassle.

• Hmm it shouldn’t split apart to be honest... are you going to tweak your recipe? Was the cake raw or the crumb to small? The frosting too heavy?

I think making her a cake is a lovely idea, very thoughtful

0|0
    0|0
    • I think the cake was a little raw. The tooth pick came clean and it was completely cooked, but it only took 28 mins at 350.

• Show All
    • I let it cool for awhile... Glaze probably would have been better the frosting was just a bit too dense for the poor cake. Like this cake was so moist it soaked up the frosting... I'm afraid of it. It shouldn't taste THAT good.

• If you’re not going to change the recipe, I’d leave it in the pan until it’s completely cold. Turn it out, if you have a container that fits it put it in the fridge in that.
      It will help hold it together while you ice it 😊

If you want a glaze, melting chocolate, butter, golden syrup and vanilla together is amazing, and would mean just dribbling it over not spreading it so the cake should hold together even more

• The frosting might be too loose. Maybe put in the fridge after you make it and let it harden some after you frost it put it back in the fridge. If anything you can modify it and put it a 9x13 pan to make a sheet cake, its easier and not as messy bc layer cakes can get tricky

0|0
    0|0
    • First time making a cake from scratch like this. First time doing layers too. I just kinda went with it.

• You did good just doing that tho some guys won't even make a box cake lol its the thought that counts

• TBH I think it looks like a train wreck
    Try to watch some food network, that will help.
    The thought counts I guess haha

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a cake? it looks like it was ran over. What the hell is this

3|0
    0|0
  • awww she's a lucky girl. I would cry if my boyfriend put an effort to make me a cake even if it's not so perfect.
    enjoy guys !

0|0
    0|0
  • If Gordon Ramsay will ever see this you should star worry for your life

0|0
    0|0
  • That looks delicious

0|1
    0|0
    • I tasted it and I put it away because it is. Seriously. Damn. Good. I am gonna have a culinary student taste it tomorrow. I've always had a knack in the kitchen, but this... is crazy.

• It will be romantic

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I'd still eat it

0|0
    0|0
    • I had a few bites and put it away. Its terrifyingly delicious. I'm thinking about improving on it maybe using green food coloring to make a Halloween slime cake

What Guys Said 1

• She would like that. Make the cake and put the heart in it. It's always the thought that counts.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes