Is killing an animal just for sport and not food ok?

In my opinion, that is a complete waste of a life. If you are going to take somethings life, eat it. Killing for sport is kinda messed up, if you ask me? Kill for food, not sport.
  • Yes
  • No
Can i have an opinion on killing endangered animals for sport too? Like a giraffe or lion or etc.

1822

Most Helpful Girl

• All hunters do it for sport and then play like they're doing it for food. Nah. If you wanted food you would go buy it at the store like everyone else. You go hunting bc you feel sadistic pleasure from killing a live being.

• Lolwut
      It seems hypocritical to shit on hunters if you still eat meat anyways.
      The way I see it, a deer that lives a decent life in the woods before being killed by a hunter has it way better than the livestock raised in a cramped feedlot to be slaughtered.
      Many people actually hunt because it's the more humane way of getting meat.

• Yes I think so too!

• @kitkatx you on KiK? WhatsApp?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. Sometimes you have to kill for pest control, and mice, rats, crows etc have never struck me as particularly appetising.

Having set that, though, if it's edible, I do make a point of putting it in the pot. Got too many rabbits, wood pigeons etc round me, and they taste good, so...

• That isn't killing for sport though. Killing for sport is just killing an animal for the fun of it.

• Yeah, you're right, there is a distinction.

I don't think a lot of that still goes on - it did used to - stuff like badger baiting, hare coursing etc, which wasn't vermin control in the same way that fox hunting was.

But yeah, utilising game is something that matters, I agree.

• And killing endangered animals for sport is definitely not something I'm in agreement with at all.