Do you consider ginger ale a type of medication?

Me and almost everyone I know considers ginger ale a soft drink that you drink when ever you want. I can drink it like water if I have enough of it.

But when I was in high school, my social studies teacher saw us with ginger ale and told us we shouldn’t drink it because it’s only to be drank of you have an upset stomach. Besides of it being a soft drink to us, we do use it for that too but we thought it was weird that she only drinks ginger ale for stomach aches. Basically to her, it’s a medication that should not be consumed unless you’re sick.

To me it goes both ways. I drink it when I’m sick and when I’m not. What about all of you?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi ginger ale is a soft drink and in no way is it a Medicine. Yes you can drink it if you have an upset stomach and find some relief. But only if you first remember to open the can or bottle a few hours. Before you intend to drink it. Thus allowing it to become flat and void of all carbonation. Although coke syrup dose the same job better. It can be found in most pharmacies. Carbonated beverages should never be taken with an upset stomach as the bubbles will only add gas to you stomach add to your proublems.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Its filled with sugar. Ginger and lemon tea is much better.