Do you consider ginger ale a type of medication?

Me and almost everyone I know considers ginger ale a soft drink that you drink when ever you want. I can drink it like water if I have enough of it.

But when I was in high school, my social studies teacher saw us with ginger ale and told us we shouldn’t drink it because it’s only to be drank of you have an upset stomach. Besides of it being a soft drink to us, we do use it for that too but we thought it was weird that she only drinks ginger ale for stomach aches. Basically to her, it’s a medication that should not be consumed unless you’re sick.

To me it goes both ways. I drink it when I’m sick and when I’m not. What about all of you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi ginger ale is a soft drink and in no way is it a Medicine. Yes you can drink it if you have an upset stomach and find some relief. But only if you first remember to open the can or bottle a few hours. Before you intend to drink it. Thus allowing it to become flat and void of all carbonation. Although coke syrup dose the same job better. It can be found in most pharmacies. Carbonated beverages should never be taken with an upset stomach as the bubbles will only add gas to you stomach add to your proublems.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Its filled with sugar. Ginger and lemon tea is much better.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It's medicational properties are about as good as piss

2|0
    0|0
  • If you have an upset stomach when you drink it the gas it produces helps relieve some pressure when you burp. It can be good for you but drinking a lot of it can be bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ginger is a home remedy for upset stomach but ginger ale is enjoyed by many people regardless of any medicinal needs. Besides there isn't much real ginger in ginger ale anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea a Little.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a herbal brew thats has helpful effects.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its both. Sometimes I shake up a bottle of it and pop it into my anus. It cleanse out my anus and leaves my rectum smelling fresh

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I enjoy gingerale and normally always have some around, while I'll drink it because I like it I usually have it around if I'm not feeling well

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes