What is your alcohol of choice?

What is your alcohol of choice?
A lot of people drink alcohol but how many people "drink" alcohol?

I'm definitely not a party person but I will never pass up on a good rum.
My favorite sipping drink is El Dorado 12 year but I also own a cabinet of whisky and other rums.
Surprisingly enough, I'm not a fan of beer or wine but I will not mind a sweet liqueur.

When you are at a bar do you get a drink/mix you always go for?
Or do you just have whatever they are serving?
  • Beer
    Vote A
  • Wine
    Vote B
  • Distilled (hard alcohol, typically aged)
    Vote C
  • Liqueur (heavily flavored, typically of lower alcohol content)
    Vote D
  • I'm that person who only drinks other people's booze, whatever it is
    Vote E
  • Whatever gets me drunk yo
    Vote F
  • Eww, I don't like any alcohol
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My to go drink is Malibu and OJ. Or Bombay sapphire.

0|2
    0|0
    • Great choice, I don't drink gin a whole lot but Bombay Sapphire is the one I always have.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whisky, a nice aged single malt. Laphroaig and Talisker are nice, also Glenfiddich is really nice especially the older variants.

0|1
    0|0
    • What Glenfiddich do you recommend? I recently ran out of Laphroaig and replaced it with a bottle of Lagavulin but never had the chance to try Glenfiddich or Ardbeg.

• Show All
    • Yeah the prices can be discouraging.
      Lagavulin is very smooth also but for nearly twice the price of Laphroaig 10yo I don't think it was really worth it.

• Yeah it's really hard to beat Laphroaig at the price point, it's a seriously nice Whisky, a single ice cube to chill and bring down that 50% alc volume, extremely good sippin'

I just realised I didn't' mean Glenfiddich is the smoothest whisky you'll drink, I meant specifically for that price point.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I'm definitely a wine person, I hate hard liquor.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Honestly, I'm easing more into beer instead of liquor. Haven't found a beer I really liked yet, but the ones I have tried weren't bad and they were definitely more enjoyable and easier on the palate than the liquor I've had. I'm just experimenting with different beers really. I've had a Bacardi 8 year old gran reserva rum, which is terrible in my opinion. I've had 2 whiskies: buffalo trace and Johnnie Walker black. Out of the two, black is better but it's like saying which is better poison or poison with a tad bit sugar... Beer is more enjoyable.

0|1
    0|0
    • Hah, yeah a lot of spirits can be really harsh.
      Bacardi is terrible, even the much cheaper Captain Morgan gold is preferred by most of my friends.
      Definitely try El Dorado or Diplomatico, they are pretty affordable rums and a great example that hard liquor doesn't have to taste like laundry detergent.

• I've been wanting to try 12 year El Dorado, but for some reason I went for the Bacardi for my first rum. I'll give it a try

• I don`t drink. Seems useless. If you bring up the "having fun" argument i just say you`re a boring person then. I entertain people and myself by improvising and making instant decision jokes, not drinking and laughing either at the state you`re in or because you can`t control yourself. I only drinked once, when i was 13 (yes, it`s normal in romania) with a friend very light liquor. I was laughing uncontrolably and making shit decisions like eating instant soup.
    I didn`t enjoy it and won`t do it ever again no matter what. I`m trying to hold myself to a high standard not for others to say wow look at that guy but for myself, for self-discipline.

0|1
    0|0
    • Also, i said friend but really he was one of my best friends and still is. I only befriend people after knowing them for quite some time and knowing their full personality. Been friends with this guy for almost 5 years now.

• Show All
    • I had a very similar experience but it was a bottle of cheap dry red wine I drunk with a friend.
      It made me tipsy and I burned my blanket with a lighter, I hate wine ever since.

• Wow, i guess i should be a bit thankful i don`t smoke because i was at that friend`s house sleeping over (parents on hollyday, they take him for 2 days then his sister separately each year).

• Scotch, wine, bourbon, Heineken, and more. I've been trying new ones to see what they taste like but don't drink often, maybe once every two weeks or less.

0|1
    0|0
  • Captain Morgan and Coke or Jack Daniels and Coke.

My fave lager is corona, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I'm drinking liquor Bourbon Neat. If I'm drinking beer I like an IPA. The Odell Brewing company has a really good IPA

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm generally a beer drinker, but when I feel like getting fancy I love a good scotch.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rum and Coke 👍

0|1
    0|0
  • Stella Artois.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't drink.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cider