I drink beer because?

Personally I dislike the taste of beer. When I hit the pub, whisky is my drink.
So an overwhelming majority apparently like the taste of beer... the bitterness of hops? Really? I can understand that there will be a good portion of people who like beer but I find it really hard to believe that there would be that many.

I have a theory that a sizeable chunk of people who say they like beer actually are saying it only because of peer pressure. Ie. they will be viewed as whimps/strange/inexperienced by their friends for not liking beer and will be teased about it. Here's your chance to demolish my theory...

I drink beer because...
I drink beer because...?
  • I actually like the bitterness. Its refreshing.
    Vote A
  • My friends are doing it and I just pretend I like it
    Vote B
  • That's what I'm supposed to do or I will be seen as a weirdo
    Vote C
  • Hell no, I don't. I'm man/woman enough to stand up to peer pressure.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• becuase it is cheap

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don’t like beer but sometimes that’s all there is a social gathering so I’ll try to drink an import beer that’s bearable and after the first two I don’t taste it much anymore anyway but otherwise I’ll drink whiskey or rum

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I drink beer for the taste. I only drink beer during special occasions

0|1
    0|0
  • I drink mostly white wine, gin or whisky.

White wine is usually Chablis or its related Chardonnay.

Gin has to be Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray.

WHisky has to be a good single malt like Lagavulin, Talisker Storm, or Laphroaig Quarter Cask.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think beer tastes awful.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just actually like beer

0|2
    0|0
  • I drink beer because perfect and cheap

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Beer is an acquired taste, I'll give you that. I had to force myself to swallow it at our 8th grade parties. I'd usually bring a bottle of whiskey out of my parents bar so I had something better to drink. In high school we had 15 gal kegs of Bud up the canyon on Fridays and learned to love beer. I do to this day. I always keep beer in the house!

0|1
    0|0
  • Not every beer tastes good mind you, but I'd say most I've tried are adequate. I personally drink it because it's a good way to start the drinking of the night, slow and steady, before bringing in the more heavy drinks like vodka and such.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll drink certain ones now and then, prefer my vodka.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't drink much beer, it's okay I neither like it nor dislike it. The only beer that I'll drink is Guinness extra stout.

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually like it, in my country is the second most popular drink and is like a staple when celebrating or just having a good time with friends

0|1
    0|0
  • It's was the drink I started with on the age of 14/15... Heavy booze wasn't allowed, it got normal, was more affordable and somehow seemd to be tasting good (bloomed by the addiction of alcohol I think now). A view years ago I've stopped drinking for more then a year and the first beer I tasted was not as good as I remembered... Now I never drink beer anymore only rum. It's not really a peer pressure but more a habit turning in an addiction blooming the real taste which makes the brain think that it tastes good. At least that is my experiance/opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • I drink beer after I have had enough wiskey and vodka where it all tastes the same and all it does is shorten my life and keep the headake away

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I just like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't consume either beer nor whisky.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love beer

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes