What’s the worst thing (s) you’ve eaten out of politeness?

1419

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what to call it in English but it was
    "Bengan ka bharta"
    (Brinjal curry?)

I used to stay at the house of my friend's uncle on weekends because I had classes there. He was super-duper cool. His servant was also a chill and funny guy, not to mention his cooking skills. He used to make delicious food. He was expert in cooking savoury dishes.

I loved eating there and they knew it. But one day, he said he always wanted to make his best dish for me... yep, you guessed it right... bengan ka bharta. I don't like it but I accepted it to keep his heart. I hoped I'd tolerate it as he's a great cook. But unfortunately, it was yuck! My friend liked it and asked for more. Then my uncle decided to make a competition of eating. Damn! I had to unwillingly eat. I told them to stop, but they looked in my eyes and asked what happened? Why am I not eating? They always waited for this moment. So, I couldn't resist. After I won, they made me eat even more because according to them, I didn't eat enough and I have higher capacity than that.

They even packed it for me to take home and for my classmates too lmao. They just love feeding the guests. But I had to go through this a few times ;_;

• Such nice people. Heart of gold truly. ❤️😂
      My mom loves bengan ka bharta. It's her favorite. So, I don't mind. It's quite delicious. 😋😋

Most Helpful Girl

• My Nan’s ex husband would make this meatloaf thing that had some kind of meat jelly over it 🤢 it looked like cat food but it was his “speciality” and he was really proud of it. It was disgusting, but I’d always take a slice.
    I put it in my pocket once, desperate and I didn’t even have a napkin to wrap it in. I made my husband excuse us that I wasn’t feeling well so I could go home and do laundry haha

• Aw 😂 He didn't find out that you don't eat, did he?

• I have to say, bad as it is I was really glad when they got divorced just because of this lol

• I would be too. 😂