What’s the worst thing (s) you’ve eaten out of politeness?

What’s the worst thing (s) you’ve eaten out of politeness?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what to call it in English but it was
    "Bengan ka bharta"
    (Brinjal curry?)

I used to stay at the house of my friend's uncle on weekends because I had classes there. He was super-duper cool. His servant was also a chill and funny guy, not to mention his cooking skills. He used to make delicious food. He was expert in cooking savoury dishes.

I loved eating there and they knew it. But one day, he said he always wanted to make his best dish for me... yep, you guessed it right... bengan ka bharta. I don't like it but I accepted it to keep his heart. I hoped I'd tolerate it as he's a great cook. But unfortunately, it was yuck! My friend liked it and asked for more. Then my uncle decided to make a competition of eating. Damn! I had to unwillingly eat. I told them to stop, but they looked in my eyes and asked what happened? Why am I not eating? They always waited for this moment. So, I couldn't resist. After I won, they made me eat even more because according to them, I didn't eat enough and I have higher capacity than that.

They even packed it for me to take home and for my classmates too lmao. They just love feeding the guests. But I had to go through this a few times ;_;

1|0
    0|0
    • Such nice people. Heart of gold truly. ❤️😂
      My mom loves bengan ka bharta. It's her favorite. So, I don't mind. It's quite delicious. 😋😋

Most Helpful Girl

• My Nan’s ex husband would make this meatloaf thing that had some kind of meat jelly over it 🤢 it looked like cat food but it was his “speciality” and he was really proud of it. It was disgusting, but I’d always take a slice.
    I put it in my pocket once, desperate and I didn’t even have a napkin to wrap it in. I made my husband excuse us that I wasn’t feeling well so I could go home and do laundry haha

1|0
    0|0
    • Aw 😂 He didn't find out that you don't eat, did he?

• Show All
    • I have to say, bad as it is I was really glad when they got divorced just because of this lol

• I would be too. 😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• A mixture out of pre cooked, boxed supermarket food and tofu.. God I hate tofu 😂
    I've met my girlfriend's family in Japan (ldr) for the first time and well.. I wanted them to like me, so I ate all of it.

1|0
    0|1
    • True love.❤️ 😂

• Show All
    • Thank you. ^^

• Lol sorry. Replied in the wrong place. 🙈

Lemme know when you finally tie the knot. ❣️

• I never eat anything out of politeness. I can't help if I like something or not. So why should i go through discomfort when someone should be mature enough to know that it can't be helped

1|1
    0|0
  • Chicken
    I hate chicken
    Unless its fried but then its unhealthy
    My mom loves chicken and we had it yesterday

1|0
    0|0
  • Can’t really remember. I think I had some bad cake from my godmother that she made for my birthday. It wasn’t terrible, but I mainly ate it out of politeness.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pig's intestine - salty, and chewy, didn't really taste of much, but wouldn't bother with that again.

There's a reason most countries' cuisines don't include that one...

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t drink alcohol, but I had a friend who wanted to buy me a drink before I performed with my band. He got me a coke instead (since I politely declined him getting an alcoholic beverage). I actually reallllly dislike coke (and most sodas in general), but I felt it would be rude of me to toss it or whatever. I had a couple sips, held my breath, and then I basically just had it like a large shot to get it over with. Bleh. Tasted awful. Got water afterwards.

I’m just glad it wasn’t root beer. I dunno how people drink coke / root beer. Yuck yuck yuck

1|0
    0|0
    • Sodas aren't THAT bad tbh. Like really?

• @YourFutureEx I dunno. For me they kinda are. For some reason some of them taste very bad to me— enough to bring about that kind of unintentional disgusted stank face whenever I try a sip. I don’t think I’m too picky of an eater either.

• Well, it's good for you then. One lesser addiction to worry about.

• I have eaten bitter gourd because of my mom when I was 5. I asked her, why did you feed me alligator skin. Lol😜😝😂
    by the way, it was once my Facebook profile pic.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I don't like something, I'll tell them. Unless my mom cooks it, then I like it out of fear.

1|0
    0|0
  • My grandmas home made potato gratin... I do it every Christmas.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nasty Vagina. The smell was bad enough but the taste worse than smell

1|1
    0|0
  • I eat everything and it doesn't really taste bad
    And also that fucking pic is the last thing I wanna see when I'm trying to sleep but can't

0|0
    0|0
  • Cow tongue.

1|0
    0|0
  • Canned Ham...

1|0
    0|0
  • Brussels Sprouts

1|0
    0|0
  • Um egg plant😅😫😫😫

1|0
    0|0
  • Chicken soup which I don't like. But eat that

1|0
    0|0
  • pussy

0|2
    0|0
  • My ex best friend's family lived in a hoarder type situation. I once had pasta over with them (I tried to escape, but they kept insisting and it would be really awkward to avoid it) and not only was the table covered with garbage, but roaches were here and there all over the floor... It's a wonder I didn't get food poisoning, they occasionally did from improperly storing meat.

2|0
    0|0
    • That's... 😶😶
      But I can't say I've not seen this situation before.

• It was a horror, nothing else comes close in my mind. :x

• Well on the brighter side, they were only on the floor and not the table or sniffing about near your plate. :)

What Girls Said 13

• A mushroom pie. I absolutely hate mushrooms, especially the texture, but my boyfriend's mother had made a pie and I just didn't dare to say no.

1|1
    0|0
  • A very raw bloody steak.. (This was when I was little and a non-vegan)

1|0
    0|0
  • Some weird Italian food. I forget what it was called, but it was almost like a meat pie. I ate it for Easter

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. I am not that polite, If I can't eat something I don't eat it :D I find some excuse for that.

1|0
    0|0
  • This Greek yogurt soda 😫 it reminded me of baby throw up

1|0
    0|0
  • A fucking slug

1|0
    0|0
  • Vegan mac and cheese

1|1
    0|0
  • Ass.

0|1
    0|0
  • The food they cook because i think its not clean

0|0
    0|0
  • Eel out of politeness to the eel

When I was training to be a chef they made us take a life eel and gut it alive and cook it! If you do that to an animal you could at least eat it and not make it’s death in vain. It was like rubber

1|0
    0|0
  • Sweet potatoes

1|0
    0|0
  • Ass...

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't eat anything for being polite
    But I ate some things dad people told me they are good for some certain illnesses like animal tongue

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes