How do people enjoy cooking?

I just can't bring myself to. I'm not horrible at it. I am pretty decent. It's just the whole process. Washing the vegetables, chopping and take an hour to prepare meal that I can finish it off in 10 minutes seems like such a chore to me.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Cooking is not really any different from anything else in life. Do you like doing makeup? Perhaps you have a hobby? It is still putting in work for a rewarding experience at the end and sometimes you will also find the work itself enjoyable.

I dont really like cooking by itself but I appreciate it because if I do it well I get to eat tasty food.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• For me is the creation process, making something out of a bunch of ingredients, even if it takes a while, the end result is always rewarding.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its an art form. Why do people spend hours/days painting pictures that people will loom at for 10 seconds? It's a form of expression, and a great way to remove yourself from the world around you, like meditation.

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly. I would argue that there are a few dishes that could even pass for magic. I accept that it's not for everyone, but I can't help but feel that even those who don't like cooking would be impressed (if not envious) if they saw a skilled cook employ perfect techniques to create a modern meal.

• Yeh, and then you have to clean the dishes and then dry them and put them away, not to mention wipe down the rest of the kitchen. You'll enjoy it if you have an assistant to do all that for you, but they're not easy to find...

0|0
    0|0
  • im no fan of cooking but i really hate eating crap so its a chore i must endure like my drive to work in the morning

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes cooking for me is not too bad but it has it's good points and bad points. I hate that i have no help with supper dishes I'm much on my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao, cooking ain't hard you just have no experience. I can whip together a meal for 4 people in less than 30 minutes.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't say it's hard. I can cook but I just don't like it.

• I like cooking. From what you are saying, it sounds like you need practice. Rarely using recipes and being able to whip up something fun without thinking is Hella fun and a bit challenging.

• It is a chore. But it's sooo satisfying once it's done.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cooking is my true passion I enjoy every second of it tbh always wanted to be a chef

0|0
    0|0
  • it's enjyable. to create something and then eat it.

0|0
    0|0
  • To see the smile of the people who enjoy it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the reward of creating something delicious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Enjoy , making you smile , 😀

0|0
    0|0
  • Cooking is fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Combine with fire what tastes good. Voila.

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy cooking

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to music while i cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well your from the new-age. Our girls are worthless.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• I mean I find the process methodical and relaxing so I enjoy it because of that but really my true enjoyment comes from seeing someone else enjoying the end product and really liking something I've put in effort to make for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cooking isn't for everyone. I like it because I'm really proud of what I've made when it tastes good, even though I rarely make anything other than Kraft macaroni and cheese. I see it as less of a chore and more like a science experiment, which I think is more fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother made me love it... she only cooked stuff SHE liked and was getting upset everytime I made something else for myself. (Like "what the hell are you doing? There is still enough of soup for at least three more days!") So cooking was something "forbidden" as I was younger. I was excited to move out and finally be able to cook for myself and eat whatever I wanted and not just what I was supposed to.
    This way she kinda did me a favour.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me cooking depends on my mood... make my mood gud I'll give u awesome food n if u spoil by mistake also I'd ruin the food... n honestly some times I don't know why my mood sucks 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not the cooking itself for me, it's seeing other people enjoy the food I make.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to cook from scratch all the time. You can get a bag of chicken voila from the grocery store, put it in a pan or pot, then there you go dinner. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fun especially when your food comes out good. I can't stand having to do the dishes after though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love cooking. I use to enjoy it with music, dancing, even imitating like a chef in food channel lol. So 10mins isn't enough for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • They enjoy eating their food afterwards, knowing that they made it the way they like it. By the way, me too cooking seems like a chore to me. I don't know how to cook since I'm not used to it. I have to deal with a number of things that aren't fun, like returning things back to the top shelf while being short, I have to be careful not to cut myself with the sharp kitchen tools, and cleaning. On top of this, I usually have to shop for the ingredients, I get too lazy, something like this is best done in advance. Anyway, when I want to cook something, it's an absolute chaos!

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it more pleasant when I cook for someone. For myself I also don't find any joy in cooking.

0|0
    0|0
  • my maid does all the cooking, thank goodness

1|0
    0|0
  • Do it as a hobby.. Don't mind about perfection..

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't enjoy cooking.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the end result I enjoy

0|0
    0|0
  • i love it. it is like a hobby some like it some dont

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes