How much is your standard tip to waiters?

For standard service let's say. Nothing terrible but nothing outstanding either. What's your standard tip?
  • 5%
  • 10%
  • 15%
    Vote C
  • 20%
    Vote D
  • 25%
    Vote E
  • A different percentage (please say)
    Vote F
  • I don't tip
    Vote G

2222

Most Helpful Girl

• In a full service restaurant 20%. But I knock it back at restaurants that only do partial service. There seems to be a trend now where anything a restaurant can do to keep waiters from your table from bussing your own table to getting your own drinks. nah not gonna tip you full for that shit. There's one Italian place here all the waiter does is bring out your food and bus the table. They don't even get your drinks. They get paid full wage (not waiter rate) and then still recommend 15% tip. Screw you guys. I leave a few bucks for their bussing service and then walk.

Most Helpful Guy

• Believe it or not there is no standard for tipping.

Tipping is considered a gratuity for the service you received while eating and being taken care of. If a waiter or waitress does an excellent job I have left up to 40% in some cases, however there have been times I have not left a dime due to the lousy service and the nasty attitude of the server.

Remember when you go into any place to eat and a waiter or waitress takes care of you it is there job to make you happy and if they do not then they do not deserve anything at all...